Food allergies.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I discovered today that I have another food allergy. As for what, I don't know yet. All I know is that I broke out into an itchy rash over 8 hours ago, and I've had a severely itchy face for most of that time.

Today I had eggs, red pepper, mushroom, onions, as well as a bagel and cheese. Never had a problem with any of this until today. I've been allergic to tomatoes for over a year now.

Am I the only one with allergies like this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I too have had a growing number of allergies. At Christmas I found I was allergic to some tree nuts. I did have a stool test arranged by a nutritional therapist and I found I have a parasite so I'm hoping to rid myself if that which may prevent any new ones developing. The only way you will find out what us causing your allergy is to try each possible food you ate one by one. I'd start with egg, lots of people have egg allergies, me included! However you could be allergic to the nightshade family - as you are already allergic to tomatoes may be peppers too?
  • Posted

I am allergic to mushrooms and wheat...... and sensitive to peppers/onions. ALL of these allergies started VERY quickly, and are things I had eaten numerous times before with out problem.
  • Posted

Dear Kristina 73093, I would recomend you to book in the appointment with your GP and try t oexplain him your situation. It is never easy to find out what allergy you possibly have. I think the best way to find out - to do allergies test, but your GP can help you with that and give more information.

I do not have any allergies (that I would know about), but my little daughter has cows milk protein allergy. It took for us ages until we finally found out what actualy causes the problem.

Best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.