Tumeric for OPL

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was diagnosed with OLP 2 years back. wasnt given any madication due no side effects like burning ........ lately it flared up again and i was so stressed and scared of going back and checking i was convinced mentaly I am going to die from this its there in my mounth 24 hr feeling it but searched for home remedies and read indian case study on tumeric ... the study shows drastic change in OLP by using turmeic ... so i have started deluting small spoon of tumeric in water and wash my mouth with it 3 times a day I can say there is major change in size of my OLP Ill continue with it and ill post update 

just wanted to share i hope it can help others by the tumeric it is indian spice/herb can be found every where.

Ill start drinking tumeric drink because it is believed to elevate ur amune system. one more thing i have started taking moringa supplyment too 

i hope it can cure OLP I am happy with the result so far crossing fingers 

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That sounds good Sara.. Please keep us updated, are the white patches disappearing and what does your dentist say about the turmeric... How old are you?
  • Posted

Interesting.  Yes keep us posted.  I always have turmeric in the house and use it in cooking.
  • Posted

Thank you Sara, I'm going to give the turmeric a 'go'.  Hope yours continue to heal.  😊
  • Posted

Hi Sara, confused

good information. Thanks for sharing. I have read that turmeric has great heeling qualities and have included the spice in my daily diet.

keep in touch in ur condition. 

confused

• Posted

I am recently diagnosed and was told to stay away from all 'spicy foods'. Tumeric is a spice I put on my list of 'spices to avoid'. I am so confused because here you mention how it helps...can you please share your recipe? Thank you.
  • Posted

I did have second thoughts about this because Turmeric is a spice......?
  • Posted

Hello Sara that's interesting I have olp for couple of years now I use a lot of turmeric when cooking korma curry ,not sure I have any improvement .would lov to know how your turmeric mouth wash is ,helping or not

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.