Back Pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all,

I am new to this forum but would love some advice about back pain with Cushings Disease.  I have severe back pain on the lower left side of my back ..is this normal .. thanks

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi have you been dianoised yet? could it be kidney pain, i have pain in my lower back they say it is osteoporosis
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the reply.

Yes I was diagnosed last October.  Waiting to see the consultant.  I had severe back pain around my kidneys two weeks ago and went to the doctor who diagnosed a kidney infection.  Took the antibitocs for a week and the pain went away.  However it can back yesterday and when I gave a urine sample the nerse said it was clear.  The pain went in an hour or so . So now im thinking its not a kidney infection but a symptom of the cushings disease so just wanted to know if anyone else had back pain and what it was like.

• Posted

hi ive not been diagnosed yet but i managed to get my gp to do a referral to a endo i get the odd pain in my right kidney, have they said if you have a tumour on the kidney ?
    • Posted

no i havnt .. i had a scan and my adrenal glands are clear. my tumour is on my pituatory gland.. probably have to have surgery to remove it .. so id say that maybe the pain is related to this .. i just didnt want anything else wrong with me ha ha... the symptons are so random and come and go i find.. 
    • Posted

can i ask what tests you got to confirm cushings x
    • Posted

Yes of course .. i have type 2 dabetes and went for my 6 monthly check .. But before hat I knew my body had changed so i googled all my symtoms and it came up with PCOS sand Cushings.   So at my appointement i told my doctor this and they said tey woud liik into it .. I had a dexamethasone suppression test twice at different strengths.. not too sure how these work but its basically taking a tablet over a set period over hours over a few days and having blood taken each morning.  I also had a urine test over a 24 hour period.  Then I had a CAT scan.. then I has an MRI.   They found a small benign yumour in my pituitory gland and that has to be removed I think.
    • Posted

Are you in the uk, i did a private cortisol 9am blood which was high , i told my gp all my symptoms, he gave me a small jar (and called it a 24 hour urine test) it was the sample jar you put a uti , anyway after one year i went back last week and told him i want refer to a endo, he was not best pleased but i said i need how the correct test done salvia hormone etc xx not sure how lone i will wait for a apt x
    • Posted

im in Ireland .. do u have any of the other symptoms .. i have had my sypmtons for a good few years ... but not all at the same time.. 
    • Posted

am in scotland the main thing is tiredness, muscle weakness, bufalo hump thinner hair and skin, my periods stopped 10 years ago and was never looked into they say high cortisol could cause this, 
    • Posted

yeah its sounds like you have it alright. My periods stopped 5 years ago and I have the hump .. excess hair .. moon face.. skinny legs and weight round my middle . muscle weakness over the last few months and back ache but not like this where I could cry.. 

Nice to meet you i'm Mel by the way .. in 47 ... 

• Posted

Hi Anne,

Sorry for not replyng yesterday .. went shopping and then forgot to answer you.  I think you def have cushings by the sound of it.. its bloody awful

• Posted

Hi both,  I had many symptoms like you but it was the excessive hairiness and sweating that clinched it.  We all get different symptoms and different readings i too have ostoprosis and I have to say that Cushings throws up a lot of things at you.  Do let us know how you both get on.
  • Posted

Hi So glad you have had a lot of ansers.  I would have said the same as the others but if you have a Pituitary Tumour the pain could be kidney infection again.  Do keep on at your GP and Endo.  The must look into everything and answer your questions fully.  I always take a list of questions and someone with me so that they can remember in case I forget anything.  Keep us up to date.
    • Posted

Hi thanks for replying .. yes its all very confusing .. im getting on to my doc today re the back pain .. i'm in agony

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.