please help me i have pid

Posted , 4 users are following.

am a 24 year old female diagnosed with pid. ive been on med ciprofloxacin doxycycline and flagyl for 3 weeks and recently been feeling nauseous. my doctor initially asked me to take dem for 3months then recently he said i should stop. 

please am confused on how to take the med correctly.   i was diagnosed with salpingitis and hydrosalpinx chronic pid

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

someone help me
  • Posted

You really must go back to your GP with these problems....they are the best people to advise you...I am allergic to docycycline and was taken off them by my GP, but please do go and see them, after all they have the medical training.
  • Posted

Taking Cipro for 3 weeks could be very risky. This is an antibiotic of the fluoroquinolone class that can have devastatng side effects some of which can be permanent. Flagyl can cause severe nausea and should always be taken mid meal to minimise this.
  • Posted

Go back to your GP.  You don't explain why the he said to stop, was it because you felt nauseous or because the infection had cleared up?  Find out what you should be doing now. 

Take Madge's advice on how to take Flagyl if you ever have to use this drug again.  This was probably causing your nausea.

Never take Ciprofloxacin again, or Ofloxacin, Levofloxacin or any other antibiotic from this group which are called Quinolones (or fluoroquinolones).  The side effects can be devastating and long lasting; maybe you are worried about them since you've posted your enquiry in the Fuoroquinolone discussions. Even if you feel ok after taking this course, a futher course may well give you fluoroquinolone toxicity - you can read about it in other discussions under this heading.

Do go to your doctor with your questions, but be very strong and don't let him prescribe Cipro for you again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.