Found a huge help in the war against scabies.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi Everyone.  I've dealt with this nightmare for about two years now.  I've done all the usual stuff...seen the doctor, tea tree oil, neem oil, wrapped matress in plastic, sulpher soap, etc...  

Here's what is working so far for me (knock wood).  Bought straight up permethrin from Amazon (32%).  Continued with the usual protocol, began making sure my toilet seat was either covered or sprayed with alcohol based disinfectant and then began washing my clothes and bedding with both borax and AMMONIA (like at least a cup per wash).  That last part was new and I was amazed at the difference.  

Try it.  

3 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I forgot..I applied the permethrin directly on any sores.  They tend to dry up pretty quickly.  
    • Posted

The permithrin should be used to cover the entire body  with exception to the face unless it's spread their.  By applying it to just the sores you won't be killing everything - that's the whole idea of using it... the folow up treatment is to do exactly the same just incase you missed any or some eggs remain untouched deep inside the burrows then hatch - mate with a male - burrow again and lays more eggs then it starts all over again.   

Try it that way do the folow up and see what happens.

Stella

• Posted

How do you keep yourself from infecting friends and family
    • Posted

Avoid them like the plague, if you possibly can.  I moved to my own apartment while this was going on.  
    • Posted

Ok then.  I suggest plastic (or a non-porous material) on your chair at work, which you change at the end of every day...so you don't reinfest yourself.  Spray everything you touch with disinfectant at the end of the day.  Apply the permethrin to your sores and then cover the scent with the disinfectant.  Do your best to keep away from people as much as you possibly can.

But I do want to reiderate...wash clothes and bedding in ammonia.  I found it at the dollar store.  Good luck.  

• Posted

Thank you for your advice. I have been fighting this for three months now. Is there no real cure?? Reading some of the comments tells me you just cant kill them
    • Posted

Permethrin in the cure.  The 5% crap they give you at the doctors office only works so-so.  That's why going to amazon and getting the 32% solution kills it much better.  I just put it straight on my skin, as permethrin has been shown to have a low ability to cross the blood barrier.  I have noticed that my face can feel slightly numb after putting it on other areas of the body, but I also felt side effects when I used the 5%, so maybe I'm just sensitive.  Anyway the upshot is to cover your mattress in plastic, change your bedding every day and wash in ammonia and borox and detergent.  When you go to bed at night, put the permethrin on any sores.  Use disinfectant on any surface you touch...including toilet seats and hair brushes.  Basically you have to almost be OCD to beat them.  I personally have also ironed my clothes after washing.  I wish there was a magic wand that could get rid of them.  But this is the fastest I've found.
    • Posted

I have done all that you have said. Even ironed my mattress. About every second day i get a new spots come up. Just so depressing. Spend a lot of time crying in the shower
    • Posted

Well, I suggest you follow your doctor's advice and I hope it works.  But while your waiting, get the permethrin from Amazon.  It's only like $20-25 bucks.  So if it doesn't work...you have an other option.  

I feel your pain.  I've spent a whole lot of time and money combating these stupid things.  It's been hell, but there is hope.  You can get rid of them and move on with your life.  

• Posted

I think so.  The reason I posted is that since I started using ammonia in my wash, the incidence of sores and crawly feelings have been reduced about 95%...over the last month.  If I even begin to feel what I suspect is something digging in, I hit it immediately with the permethrin and it kills it right then or it dries up the teeny sore in about 3 or 4 days.  So yeah, I believe both these things together have worked better than anything I've done in the past....and lemme tell you, I've tried EVERYTHING.  
    • Posted

I find it amazing that they are so incredibly difficult to get rid of. There seems to be a massive amount of people who suffer from them. Should be more research on the problem
    • Posted

Absolutely there should be more research, especially when you consider that the 5% permethrin treatment is at least 15 to 20 years old and that the ones that didn't die from that amount mated with others, which is how they evolve to be more resistant.  

What makes me angry about this is the Doctor's attitudes about treatment.  Everyone on these boards has had the same experience..to wit; they find they have scabies, they go to the doctor and get permethrin creme, they rub it all over themselves and when they still have the problem after the first treatment, they go back, they get ivermectin and take it, they go back and get another round of permethrin, doesn't work, they go back and get ivermectin again, if that doesn't work, they go back and the doctor throws up their hands and say, "Well, that's all we can do for you.  You must have insect psychosis (a mental disorder)" and then they refuse to help and leave you on your own.  THAT'S what ticks me off.  That's exactly what happened to me.  I had sores on my body and could feel them crawling, but the doctors said that I was imagining it!  Let me tell you how I found out I wasn't imagining it.  I moved into my own apartment and I have my own washer and dryer.  About 3 months after I got here, I felt an increase in the number of crawlies and I couldn't figure out why.  I then realized that I had left my washing machine's water level on low for about a week.  Increased the level and things returned to normal (not great at the time, but at least tolerable).  That's how I know that it wasn't my imagination.  

What's your experience been like?

• Posted

I have like i said only been in this boat for three months. The dr has so far been good but i have gotten nowhere as far as getting rid of them. I have done a lot of crying snd why me attitude. Getting over that now. Very worried about people finding out. Very embarrassing to say the lest
    • Posted

I know how you feel.  I've been in grad school this whole time...talk about pressure.  People think that I'm antisocial.  Little did they know that my avoidance is really to their benefit.  
    • Posted

At last i think i have beaten this demon. Have not had any sores for the past 5 days. There is still the occasional feeling that something is crawling on my skin but that is getting less and less. Im still using cream every second day. Will stop that soon and see what happens. I think its over. Thak god.

Thank you for all the support.

• Posted

Okay, first off before I say what im about to DONT JUDGE ME,.So, i have been doing some partying off n on over the past year now, and its the kind where u actually inhale the party substance into your nassl cavity, i.e. snort. Alright? Again please dont judge or hate on me! Im a regular woman, disabled veteran with SEVERE PTSD, the VA wont give me ANYTHING for my severe anxiety and panic disorder so i took matters into my own hands and decided to try something illegal out. I had a big long itchy burrow on my left knee and my butt, as soon as i sniffed a A TINY LINE, all of a sudden my whole body started to go crazy like crawling biting moving sensation especially on my back, face, i contined to use every month for 10 days exactly! No mote, as it was very pricey. Unbeknownst to me, my dealer was cutting my medicine with FOOD GRADE DIAMATOUS EARTH Can u friggen believe it?? It got rid of them 2 times! Over the past year! I didnt do ANYTHING ELSE no permethrin no ivermectin nothing! I did not even wash a single thing. My discovery made me realize that scabies WILL DIE CANT REPRODUCE WONT LIVE ON YOU IF DME IS INSIDE YOUR BLOODSTREAM, KEY IS IN YOUR BLOOD. Now mind you, i know all the bs about NOT INHALING THE DME BUT TRUST ME ITS LESS THAN A QUARTER OF A TEASPOON A DAY! YES I EVEN HAVE ASTHMA COPD AND SMOKE. You will cough a bit day 2 or 3 after u stop this regime for 10 days. Ive personally discovered this CURE ALL ON MY OWN THRU BEING WHAT U WOULD SAY IS NAUGHTY, BUT IT FRIGGEN WORKED!! Im a regular woman, not homeless, have a nice car, furniture etc, so please dont think im a dirty junkie, peace and god bless to all my fellow scabies sufferers. Oh, one more thing you will feel a slight warming, burning tingling sensation and theyre gunna start to move like crazy when you inhale that DME, i was rolling on the ground like a dog the first day! Lol
    • Posted

Read your post & can totally relate but please try stay positive. All the negative & scary stories online will only make all of us feel hopeless. Have no idea where I got scabies from but I know this is not what God wants for any of us. He wants us to be healed!! It's hard to feel hopeful when you're overwhelmed. You will get your life back. Keep praying & believe that God can & will heal all of us.

• Posted

Yeah--I've avoided everyone. I will not even be around my two daughters and my 3 grandchildren for Christmas this year because of this. I didn't even see them for Thanksgiving. My oldest daughter's husband is a Massage Therapist. Like I told her, he works on people everyday for a living by skin contact. I WILL NOT take a chance on any of her family getting this! It would be financially devastating to them!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.