been on amitriptyline for 3 weeks, now small hard lump on left side of neck?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I have been on 10mg amitriptyline for 3 weeks. Last week notice a small lump on left side of neck, it is quite raised. I am getting a bit worked up about it.

Anyone have simlar side effects?

Thanks

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The only side effect i had was the dry mouth. It could be a reaction to the tablets. Be on the safe side & get it checked with your GP
  • Posted

Also have like absun burn sensation in the left shoulder and constipation. Bit no headaches after 3 weeks, so tackling the original problem but are all these side effects? Already have health anxiety which is another reason for the tablets.

You thoughts are very much welcomed.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Jackie

I am actually stopping amitriptyline rather than starting it but I have had the lump on the left side of my neck. Is it pea sized and quite low towards your shoulder? I was told it was a swollen gland and it popped up intermittently. I got a generalised aching with it. Still, you should have it checked just to be sure as I'm not a doctor.

Constipation is a side effect of amitriptyline and for me it never improved. Conversely, if you stop taking it expect an upset stomach for a few days.

Hope this helps

Diane

• Posted

Hi Diane

Yes it is exactly the same size and place. That is interesting. I am stuck really, my tension headaches have improved loads, but have to decide is the side effects out weight a decision tonstop.

I like a drink as well, I have had a couple a couple of times, and seemed ok the day after.

Have you been on it long?

Jackie

• Posted

Hi Jackie

I took it for about 16 years so a long time. The gland thing would come and go, sometimes vanishing completely for years. I never found a couple of drinks now and then affected me at all the next day. If it is helping with the headaches it's probably worth persevering for a few months before reassessing the side effects with your doctor. Many people stop noticing any side effects in this time.

Stay well

Diane

• Posted

Hi.

Just wanted to jump in with regards to the lumps mentioned.

They sound like nodes.

I have them pop up and go every so often but my son has one on the bottom of his head right next to his spine. It's been there since just after he was born. He's almost 23 now. It can move and disappear and he also has one in a similar area to where you describe. Every so often he has intermittent aches from them.

Maybe they're similar...?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.