Thrush again and again!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I too am a fellow sufferer. I was told by doctor that it is common and to just blast it with Canisten Pessaries etc. They do seem effective to some extent - especially the internal cream, but it just comes back like clockwork before my period making me think that it never really goes. I'm interested in Sneki's comments - what amounts of oils do you use in your homemade pessaries. Also is it not a little risky making these homemade internal pessaries? I'm a lilttle scared about doing it. People mention strong probiotics - any tips on which ones to buy from Boots or Chemist? Thanks in advance girls x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You can buy yeast infection pills from Walgreens for like 8 or 9 bucks for 60 tablets. 1 a day keeps yeast infections away it says. also i have been drinking raw ACV for months. apparently it is supposed to help. WEll, my symtoms aren't getting any worse at least. I think by drinking some everyday the idea is to keep your vagina in balance so you won't get another infection. If it comes like clock work then i would definitely try to take extra precautions around your period. Yogurt contains probiotics which are helpful. 

• Posted

Hi.  My wife had recurrent thrush over the years and tried everything and sought advice from different doctors/pharmacists to no avail.  I then thought about how generally thrush is treated for about 2 weeks but the pessaries only treat for 6 days so I suggested to her that she get the pessary treatment as well as another tube of clotrimazole and re-use the pessary devices (cleaned well obviously) and continue the treatment for 2 weeks.  Success!  Months later, no thrush.
    • Posted

Hi,

i would like to know please which pessaries your wife is using? What brand? Did she have candida? The clotrimazole tube she tooked for how long?

Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.