HRT

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello ladies...does anyone else only have these symptoms of peri...

Anxiety.lethargy.weird spaced out feeling. Depression. Just not yourself anymore a bit like as I can only describe as .' Personality change.' .

And feeling like you can't cope with even the smallest things oh and crying for nothing all the time..

Thing is I went to my doc and my estradiol is very low and I'm almost post meno..I'm 49..my doc gave me evorel conti 3.5 mg. ...I'm desperate to use them but I've had a bad reaction to another hrt prempack c 1.25 mg.which made me woosy and floaty and low mood. Plz help ladies put my mind at rest give me some nice stories of hrt and how it's helped you in your desperate hour...love to you all xx. ..:-)..We are strong but we are not robots!!!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Denise it's not an easy journey that's for sure and what we go through in life we deserve better when we get to our fifties!!

I have been peri meno for bout 2 or 3 years and suffered from depression and anxiety which is the worst thing ever. I am on an antidepressant, Sertraline, but still had anxiety so was put on HRT which has helped slightly but I definitely feel different, personality changed, not as tolerant of people and very unhappy with life at times, usually when I tame the Progesteron tablets. I also have gained weight and can't shift it and to be honest I think chocolate and wine are fab lol but decfo dont want to continue to gain weight.

I'd just like to be Me again, good luck to you xx

• Posted

Liz, I feel your pain. I feel the exact same way, and just want my old self back again. I noticed changes in late 2013, sought psychiatric care, tried different meds, and nothing. I'm 48 now, and my age never raised a red flag. I skipped my trip to the gyno in 2014, so I didn't know what was wrong with me. In Apr 2015, I had my annual pap and got a phone call informing me I was perimenooausal. However, I didn't know this was the cause of all my symptoms. I don't recall what signaled me to research perimenopause, but finally got answers, and figured out what changed me so much. I have a script for progesterone and will be starting it next week when I'm told. My symtons are getting worse, periods very light and pray daily that I will have my old self back sooner rather than later. I will keep you and the rest of the ladies here in my prayers. X

• Posted

Hi Denise, have you started the evorel conti yet? I have the patches but seems such a big step to stick the first one on!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.