Venlafaxine, mirtazapine and qeutiapine combination?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey, i was just wondering if anyone has been in this combination before and how it went? I have bpd, depression and anxiety and have tried a lot of antidepressants. I was lowered from 225mg venlafaxine to 150mg venlafaxine and have had 15mg mirtazapine and 25mg quetiapine morning and night added. A few friends suffer with depression and one with bipolar and they all think that two antidepressants and an antipsychotic is a strange combo. Was just wondering if anyone had advice on it?

Thanks

Xxx

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi all   I am on venlafexine 150 with combination of quitiapine 300 mg  its working very well with me but in the biging  had side effects but now all gone by time . now no sign of depprassion  and anxiety  i am enjoing my life working six days  a week  but with medicine we must need to follow cbt technics  . good luck  no one loose hope there is cure for this evil illness   
    • Posted

Hey, thank you for your reply! Im so happy these are working for you and your managing to live again! These are horrible illnessess made worse by the stigma around them. Its good to hear you are managing to work, ive recently had to leave a job i loved for 7years due to my illnesses, and it gives me hope ill get back there one day. Good wishes to you and your family.
  • Posted

I'm hoping to try this combination to try and enhance the Venlafaxine in the mix as it's not working as well for me as it was.

I beleive it's possible to mix Mirtazapine and Venlafaxine as they work on different chemicals in the brain and so wouldn't clash with each other.

• Posted

Yeah i have been on venlafaxine and mirtizapine for a while, but recently had quitiapine added to the mix, which is an antipsychotic and was just wondering if anyone had used this combination before. I hope you fine that your combo works well for you. I take my mirtazapine before bed as ot seems to help me drift off sometimes. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.