What finally is working for me!

Posted , 31 users are following.

A couple months ago I read someone said that taking antihistamine worked for them - I tried it! It's working! I have had granuloma annulare for 10 years on my hands and arms. I have tried the shots, the oral drugs, the lotions, gluten free, certain vitamins nothing worked. I have now been on 10mg antihistamine for almost two months all spots are gone with the last two finally fading and going away! Good news is you can get antihistamine over the counter I take only one a day. Totally excited! That's it! Try it & yes I have missed a few days here and there. I hope that some of you that have also tried everything else, really give this a go for a few months. I hope you get the same results!

6 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Next
  • Edited

thats great.. is there any specific antihistamine you were taking?.. have you got any before and after pics?
    • Edited

As long as it is 10 mg antihistamine & sadly no I don't have pics - something I don't want a memory of ----- but believe me I have tried everything and this is working for me - I had a skin biopsy to confirm GA. Definitely working! Please give it a go for at least two months what can you loose?
    • Posted

You're right nowt to lose at all... theres different types of antihistamine though, whats the active ingrediant?.. It's say on the box 10% Loratadnine or could be Cetirizine Hydrochloride or possibly something else?
  • Posted

I too would like to know which anti-histamine you used, at least the active ingredient/s as I doubt the moderator would permit a Brand name.  Shall investigate  foods that are low in histamine levels.
    • Posted

Any antihistamine product will work - contains 10mg antihistamine that's my dose once a day
    • Posted

Loratadine prescription - but I would think any antihistamine would work???
  • Posted

This makes total sense. I've done nothing but Google and Google over and over trying to find a source of relief and educate myself on the cause. I have a terrible reaction all of a sudden to wine and chocolate which suggests histamine intolerance which also causes GA. I'm going to start taking benadryl nightly and see what happens. What are you taking??
    • Posted

Just any ol antihistamine containing product - mine has 10mg of antihistamine
  • Posted

Great news! I think the post was under my "potential cure" one.  I've added that I gave up red wine several months before it started to fade also! Good luck to the rest of you who try it and keep us all updated! smile
    • Posted

Well thanks so much for posting it- I would've never thought of it! Thank you! Thank you A MILLION times!
  • Posted

Hi Darlene,

I'm so glad you found something that is working for you! My only question is, doesn't antihistamine make you tired?

• Posted

Congrats!! I'm happy you tried it and it worked for you too!! After 10 years and having it all over  I was estatic to figure it out! 
    • Posted

Hi crystal 😃 what sort of GA did u have ? I have the raised bumps type on my elbows, hands and now starting on the forearms 😦 Its seriously so depressing. I have tried so many things and just nothing is working. I want to try taking an antihistamine too. Did u take it for long to see results?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.