statins the good and the bad news

Posted , 6 users are following.

The good news is that cholesterol treatment has been approved for over a quarter of a million people at risk of heart attack and stroke who are unable to use statins, This means that there is a growing acceptance that statins are bad for some people.Doctors please note.

Two drugs found to lower cholesterol significantly will now be available to NHS patients crippled by side-effects.

The bad news is that the treatmentwill cost £4000 a year per patient. 

It will be interesting to see if the drugs are ever prescribed and if they are what the criteria is.

I think I qualify though for me the damage has been done and is irreversible, but I'll ask my GP for a course of treatment.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hope a new drug(sweet drug) is sorted for use or obtainable soon enough.

Apparently its used in some mayonaise additive.

• Posted

Marco. 

I would try to go the natural route before expensive medicine. Statins block the enzyme hmg coA reductase, which is essential in your body's synthesis of CoQ10. Without it, you can no longer produce it and since it is responsible for 95% of your energy production, it can be bad. Have you tried supplementing with myoqinon or ubiquinone daily? 

• Posted

What makes them think the new drugs won't have side effects. Look how long it took doctors to believe what their patients were telling them. Most doctors that I've talked to , seem to have a hard time believing the pharmaceutical companies and the F.D.A. would ever lie or with hold imformation. Both will do anything for a buck.
    • Posted

Oh , you will. Just takes some time , I guess. Took me a long time but I think I'm just a left over from the old school . Loyalty to your doc. ! Well don't let loyalty ruin your health. They get paid whether they cure you or not.
  • Posted

My medicine is diet and exercise. After 2 years of being fed the poison called statins and suffering multiple negative effects, I tossed the pills and the quack that constantly dismissed my concerns and the obvious evidence in front of him. Result? A year later and I am beginning to feel like my old self again. Cholesterol? Who cares! I have my health back and a revitalised disregard of doctors which developed decades ago when I was a nurse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.