Constant leg pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

In February I got a twitchy burning feeling in left calf, soon turned pain. Eventually DVT was ruled out and thrombophlebitis diagnosed, compression stockings recommended. Went to get measured but nurse doing pressures said I had hardening of arteries, vascular consultant retested legs and said I didn't have artery problem. The pain is in both legs now, ankle to groin, worse when sitting, I can walk two or three miles, legs not comfortable but not real pain, that starts when I get home. Veins behind knees hurt, calf veins blue, veins prominent on feet. Anither doctor suggested neuropathy and niw all the GPS have had enough of me and I have anitger vascular clinic appointment in June but the way things are going I'll not be able to walk by then. One GP said it was artery disease and I should take statins, my normal GP said absolutely no statins as they would make me feel worse (also have chronic back pain). I am at a loss at what could be wrong but I feel it is circulation /vein related. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You haven't got sciatica have you?
    • Posted

No, it's either veins or nerves or both. Sciatica would be preferable I think.
    • Posted

Believe me sciatica is definitely not preferable. It is a nerve problem and is agony. Is the pain at the back of the leg or the front?
  • Posted

Both, but mainly backs. Yes I know sciatica can be torture but it's not knowing I hate and treatment for each is so different so don't want to do wrong thing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.