I am in South Africa with pain in the left part of my body

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I am 31 years old. When I was 16, I started to feel pain on my left foot. By 17 I started feeling pain at the upper abdomen left side. Particularly in the mornings. Since 2010 the pain has fully taken over the left side of my body. I have seen doctors since 16 and all scans, blood works have not led doctors to diagnose me. I am functional, and have good days; other days like today I am miserable. I am just dissapointed that un 2016 medical science has not placed this. I feel hopeless and discouraged to seek medical help after spending my all my youth days in and out of doctors and hoapitals.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What are your symptoms like? What have Doctors told you about their opinions based on experience and imaging thus far? When your miserable how is that different from good days? How long has it been since you visited a Doctor about this? Have you ever had physical therapy? If so, what did they have you do in therapy or what did they tell you? What tests and on what? If you have had a lot of imaging,and it doesn't tell your story...then the symptoms might be your clue, or what makes it worse or better, what have you been doing when it's bad? What is the pain like? Etc.,
    • Posted

Symptoms. My leg from toes to hip aches on the bone with no muscle pain. My upper abomen feels like there s an organ wich could be inflamated ( the most painful of all). My shoulder aches and sometimes had spasms ...like the veins are contracting. My jaw aches and feels numb. My ear feels like it will explode, rash inside the left hole of nose. Head aches like something is pulling.

I last saw a doctor last year November. He suggested a CT scan which my medical aid could not pay for. I was also discouraged to do this ct scan because in 2013 I did a CT scan and it also showed that all looks normal.

In 2010 I did an exray for my whole leg as the pain ws so terrible i could not walk. All looked normal then. I ONLY took pain killers and eventually the pain went away and could walk.

I have never had physical theraphy. When I am in pain I take pain killers. They work for my head-aches but not for the rest. Blood work simply wanted to rule out if this is not caused by other deseases.

• Posted

Wow....that's a lot. If the only thing you have ever had done is 1 CT scan and  some blood test, You need more diagnostic testing. You said you were in and out of the hospital when you were younger. For what?  Did the blood test rule out anemia or other issues? Your symptoms are very wide spread. You say there are good days and bad...you say bones ache and terrible abdominal pain, you have had this since childhood...have you been tested for sickle cell anemia? These are symptoms of a sickle cell crisis along with other symptoms like breathing difficulty etc.,,It is very painful...Just a thought...I am an RN and have seen 1 patient in my career present with similar symptoms and tested positive for sickle cell. I would say again if all you have had is 1 CT and some blood work, you need more tests...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.