VLP bad discharge

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive been diagnosed with vlp and have been using dermovate to keep it in check but I have a very heavy discharge which I know is a symptom of vlp I use 'yes' lubricant to keep moisturised as advised by my consultant but can't seem to find anything to decrease the discharge which makes sores worse cos of moisture and stickiness. Also sex very painful and concerned inside of vagina is being irreparably damaged as not being treated as steroid only used on vulva. Anyone any ideas

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tracey I'm really sorry to read what you're going through unfortunately I'm unable give any helpfull suggestions but I'm

waiting for an appointment with a consultant to gave a diagnosis on my symptoms as appear to mirror yours. So if and when I get further information on treatments I'll be in touch. Take care

• Posted

Look forward to hearing what they say as haven't heard any advice as to what can be used to stop /reduce the discharge or to help the inside of the vagina. Only time I get any relief is when I've been on antibiotics for something else but it's back as son as the course finishes.
  • Posted

My previous comment was deleted because I had included a link to a product which I use, Perrin's Creme Complete. I find it very helpful and soothing. I have VLS and OLP. Hope this helps you in some way x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.