19 Lost Control Of Bladder

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey, I have lost control of my bladder and keep weting myself throught the day. Been to see the Dr but they wont prescribe underwear for the problem... Is it possibble to get it on the NHS. I am also waiting to see a urologist

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It depends on your NHS trust as to whether they fund it or not. You need to speak to a Continence Nurse. Ask for a contact number at your GP surgery but with so many cut cracks in the NHS I wouldn't be very optimistic.
    • Posted

Cheers, I will do. I have been buying the products but at uni its getting rather expensive now
  • Posted

When I became incontinent a few years ago I went to my Doctors and he refered me to a urologist. In the mean time I had to buy my own pads or nappies. I was diagnosed as having nerve damage due to my diabetes and an enlarged prostate. I was refered to the NHS continence service for practical help in managing my incontinence. I had to keep a diary of my wetting and then see the nurse again. I was then allowed a supply of free pads and skin care cream on the NHS. If I use more pads than my allowence I have to buy my own. I also buy my own plastic pants to wear over my nappy in bed and inco pants to wear over my pads during the day. I use Tena Maxi slips at night and Tena Comfort extra pads by day.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.