Allergy season again....

Posted , 12 users are following.

Allergies playing up again but not in the normal way, I seem to have a tight chest and a wheeze that will not go away. I have had Asthma for over 2 years now and normally it is under control but it isnt at the moment unless i take steroids and i dont want to take them permenantly.

I am on SYMBICORT 200/6 with ventolin for emergencies if that doesnt work.

Any advice?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

I think this is time to be carefull,masses of tree pollen out plays havoc with me each summer.  If you suffer with hay fever as well a asthma it may become a problem . I use a nasal spray ,ceritide  flutiform,and ventolin and have had a wheeze and tight chest you need to take meds if you still have a problem go and see your asthma nurse for advise

• Posted

Hi no matter what i take i still suffer, the hayfever is under control apart from the itchy eyes that drives me mad.

my asthma is always flaring up no matter what i do, my doctor missed a chest infection last year which has left closed air pockets in my lungs which means i struggle sometimes.

I have now had a weeks worth of steroids with anibiotics and i dont think they both did much good but took them anyway, my peak flow is a little below normal but nothing major I have bee told to monitor and see how i go. I have also been given a prescription to keep at home of the steroids and antibiotics for when i need them.

• Posted

Sounds to me your asthma is not being controlled, they might use different medicine to control it
    • Posted

I am unable to use Forstair and have been givent he symbicort which normally works fine it is due to allergies that is making it harder to control.

I havet taken steroids at my asthma nurse's request apart from that i am to usemy inhaler more that is all i have been told.

• Posted

You must avoid those things which is not suitable for your skin.
    • Posted

Sorry what has my skin got to do with my asthma and allergies?
  • Posted

I hate this part of the year...
    • Posted

me too i have had to step up my inhaler, take double antihistamines and put in eye drops 20 minutes before i go outside.

hate the heat and the sun makes things 10x worse, i cant wear make up either as i end up rubbing my eyes too much.

• Posted

dont take these , only take montelukast and levocetrizine if with cold, i am very fine with this
    • Posted

medicine which u are taking right now, i am feeling well with this medicine which i told u, for same problem
    • Posted

Which ones i am on asthma meds, anthistamines and cocodamol for back pain?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.