hair loss

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I just wanted to know if major surgery has an effect on hair loss. I had one surgery in Nov and another March 24. Am noticing lots more hair in shower and brush. Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey Roma. Check out Alopecia UK for support. We are a growing family ✊🏼
    • Posted

Thank you I will. My baby sister is dealing with it now. And it concerns me how thin I'm getting so fast
  • Posted

It might be the result of surgery. you should consult to a doctor soon.
  • Posted

Yep, absolutely can.   Any kind of a bodily stressor can cause your body to refocus engergy (and calories and nutrients) towards the more vital functions, like healing and recovery and away from hair and nail growth.  

Also big changes in diet, like going vegan and changing protein intake a whole bunch.   Hair is 17% cystine, and then other amino acids, you need to eat 4 full cups of beans to get the amount of protein in 3oz of chicken!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.