AIH

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi does anybody else experience extreme bloating of the stomach with their AIH or maybe its a side effect of the treatment?  Mycophenolate mofetil and prednisone is what my son is on. If so has anybody found anything that helps relieve this condition?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Keider,

I have just read this question you posted quite some time ago...how is your son doing today?

I am interested

kind regards

,judith

• Posted

Hi there

my son is well and unwell constantly with AIH everyday brings a new symptom or clears a symptom.  He still suffers stomach bloating but it doesnt seem to last for weeks like it has in the past may last 1 or 2 days now.  The pain that he lives with everyday and night is worse for him and he really hates having to live on pain relief, which never rids it only takes the edge off. Apparently his prednisone is a low enough dose to not being causing so many dramas ???? yeah right!!!!! my son battles everyday i hate seeing it, i cant make things right, and i never know what to say! Im still waiting for REMISSION it can happen I know ive read other peoples discussions bring on that day please!!!! thanks for your interest Judith

• Posted

Hi Keifer,

Does your son have any other autoimmune disease?

What country are you in?

Mayoclinic says "Autoimmune hepatitis may develop after you’re infected with the measles, herpes simplex or Epstein-Barr virus. The disease is also linked to hepatitis A, B or C infection."

This is a link to another page on this website. Perhaps it will add to your education of this awful disease.

https://patient.info/doctor/autoimmune-hepatitis-pro

I will keep researching for you.

kind regardams to both you and your son

judith

• Posted

hi no my son doesnt have any other autoimmune diseases we are in New Zealand .  Thanks
  • Posted

Hi Keifer

I am finding a lot of positives regarding Budesonide as opposed to Prednisone...

Liver Transplant Unit is situated on Level 15, Support Building, Auckland City Hospital. This is where most fibroscans are carried out.

Wilson's parking available outside main entrance of Support Building - enter from Park Road and turn right into hospital and right again up the ramp to carpark.

Liver Outpatient Clinics are held at both sites: Auckland City Hospital, Level 6, Outpatient Clinic and at Greenlane Clinical Centre Reception E, Ground Floor, Greenlane Clinical Centre, Greenlane Road, Greenlane.

Perhaps your current physician will give you a referral.

hugs

judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.