MUST READ! Baby shampoo and tea tree oil

Posted , 22 users are following.

I read a few people saying they use tea tree face wash for bleth. I went ahead and added 2 drops of tea tree pure oil into my baby shampoo and water mix that I apply twice daily to lashes with a cotton bud..

24 hours later my vision is clearer, I've woke up on the second day with a very small amount of crust on my eyes.. The itching is minimal.. I am on day 3 of using after trying everything and a miserable week of a bad flare up!

I would give it a go ASAP

Baby shampoo

Tea tree oil

Water

(In a travel bottle made for shampoos etc so easy to carry around)

Cotton bud dipped in and wipe around lash line and eye area

I will keep updated but this feels good to have clear eyes 😀

0 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Emma, that sounds very promising...Ive threatened to try tea tree oil for a while but each time I say to the Pharmacist or Health Store assistant they put me off and say way too harsh for the eyes. I was about to purchase a bottle in Holland and Barrett on Friday the shop assistant said she wouldnt recommend to put near the eyes. You obviously had no negative reaction? which is good....Please keep us posted. Its a truely horrible condition, its drivin me nuts...
    • Posted

They are right! The first time I used tea tree it wasn't diluted enough, and when I say burned.. IT BURNED!!!!

so I literally use 1 drop tea tree and 100ml water and one drop of baby shampoo. To be honest this condition is horrific and I was willing to try anything. My now very diluted bottle doesn't burn sting even when I got a bit in my eye so I'm not worried

If it continues to work I would highly recommend it

Just a very diluted version smile

• Posted

Thanks Emma, yes will give it a try, the key is only a drop of the tea tree oil...Yea Im almost finding this worse than the chronic dry eye...Im def not ruling out a dermatologist either. Ive started on Sea Buckthorn Oil today, so heres hopin they work....
    • Posted

I was told by my doctor to use tea tree oil. You haveft to use one drop . Many substances can be too harsh if you use too much. I've been using it for at least a year with no tears baby shampoo, and my eyes are great at every check up. Hardly any Blepharitis symptoms.

• Posted

Hi Dena, can you please explain what you do after you apply the tea tree/baby-shampoo water mix?  Do you wash your face right after? Do you let it sit?  Any help would be appreciated smile  
    • Posted

You leave it on without rinsing. Wash your face before, not after.
  • Posted

What brand of tea oil do you use?

• Posted

Il confirm later when I'm home but it's a small blue bottle from an oil shop
    • Posted

Can you help me which tea tree oil I should get? I don't know which tea tree oil should be used for blepharitis.

I see something called Hollywood tea tree oil, but it's not 100% pure so I don't think it's the right one.

• Posted

Get pure tea tree. And dilute it with lots of water and a drop of baby shampoo. Any brand as long as it is pure smile
  • Posted

Thanks Emma for the information....when you wipe around the eyes are your eyes open or closed....can you describe for me?

Thank you, Dawn

• Posted

I dip a cotton bud in the solution and wipe the outside with eyes closed and then the inner part of my eyelid with my eyes open. It is so dilute it is fine if any goes in my eye but rarely does.

It's working well, I'm even getting individual lashes tomorrow !!!

• Posted

Thank you so much, Emma!

Individual eyelashes.....fun!!

Take care.....Dawn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.