New to this forum but realy need advice please .

Posted , 9 users are following.

hello ladies so sorry for all of you on here reading all of you problems, I was hoping to find some answers to my symptoms and too stop me thinking I was the only one on her to feel like this and not sure how to explain to my male doctors what's going on !!! So here my symptoms all started about two weeks ago with feeling like I needed to pass urine all the time and a feeling of pressure on my bladder , I went to my doctors and took a urine sample with me but when test was done doctor said that my white blood sells were up only a little bit  but gave me some antibiotics for three days anyway just in case , but they haven't done anything  and finish them today , So my symptoms now are still need to pass urine more than normal and hope I can explain this ok like stinging sensation deep inside ending ne'er my Virginia inside some where but no burning or itching when passing urine 😖So hard to explain and embarrassing to try and tell my doctor when I have to see him .

any help on here or someone that has same symptoms as me would help 😥😥.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Anne,  yes I have had the exact same symptoms. I am 55 and live in the UK. Had more than one course of antibiotics and then referred to a urologist who was totally uninterested- didn't look up from his desk once. Said all tests were normal so "it was in my head". Eventually found some research about vaginal atrophy so I went to my GP who said yes it sounds like what you have. She prescribed Ovestin a hormone cream that I used every day for two weeks and twice a week now. It sorted the problem for me. I saw a female GP is that an option for you? Good luck with it. It can be very isolating 

Catrin

• Posted

Hi , thanks for your reply and very intresting about vaginal atrophy will ring  doctors on Tuesday and ask for female but will have to wait a few weeks for a female one because not many at my practice . 
  • Posted

Hi Anne I've had similar but with an itch as well. It's so difficult getting negative comments from male doctors, I'm really trying not to go down the antibiotics pathway and been trying various natural remedies with reading lots of information on here ! I think it's a good idea to try and find a kind lady doctor . I'm 69 , in Australia, but from the UK. All best wishes 😊
    • Posted

Thanks tickettyboo for you reply will ask for female doctor ans see what f

diffrence it makes 🤔

• Posted

Anne need to get a female Dr for Gyne related stuff always ,preferably in your age group or older ,not the younger ones ,they're as helpful as male drs Zilch . I was put on Ovestin some 4 yrs ago ,didn't help ,now I'm just on low dose of HRT tablets Indivina 1mg 6 weeks in ,no change as yet but told this one can take 8/10 weeks to work . Don't put up with it . Why be embarrassed ? What they went to med school for ,women drs have the same Gyne parts as you ,so it's easier for them to understand what and where your describing inside he Gyne areas . Try get one meno age ,I tell my daughter this . 
    • Posted

Hi marlene -- my female doc prescribed Etrace cream for my vag atrophy and said it was the only thing that works. I havent tried using it yet because it has hormones and once you get on..you stay on, so I am trying the natural Vit E capsules every night for 3 months..then I will go back to her for exam and see if better. They can tell by exam whetehr you have it or not. It seems to feel better though and Vit E is for "repairing skin tissue" so to me that makes sense. Also, I am single now and without a guy so difficult to tell on my own because its the tissue deep inside were its red in my case so doc can tell with an exam how I'm doing.

I would agree for the other woman on here..to dump the guy doc right away and find a female doc in same age area. Would make a huge difference in my opinion. Better all around. 

• Posted

Im on this one for just a 3 month trial , the cream Ovestin ,made matters worse ,but this tablet form much better , my cousin who has same Gyne ,and on cream ,going to ask about the tablet . I had Vit E didn't help. But then we're all different . Trial and effort . I did try the ovules Jay mentioned ,okay for a bit then not ,so I've stopped them now . HRT I was always dead set against ,but big but there I had to go this route . Im just on Progesterone only ,see what if anything after 3 months on it ,no side affects, that's a relief alone , as me and any meds don't work well together ,low threshold to them . Yes go female Dr , I've got a great one worth her weight in gold ,meno herself ,my bonus as she listens . How many do that these days ? Never rushes you . Got my health interest . I trust her . 
    • Posted

Hi Marlene thanks for the advice will ask for for female doctor and see what happens then rolleyes
  • Posted

I see thats helpful thanks. Too bad Vit E not helpful. I am hoping it will be but maybe cant keep hopes up now. Does anyone know whether this atrophy conditions worsens the longer its untreated?

• Posted

yes it does and I'm living proof I shouldn't have let it go. After a year of problems just had a pelvic and dxed with Av. Starting etsradiol tomorrow. I have been burning non stop since last Thursday

• Posted

I can attest to having comments blocked. They don't necessarily have to mention a product either. Sometimes they eventually show up after "review" sometimes not. You can avoid the moderator altogether by clicking on the little envelope under the person's name you want to respond to. That way she will get a private message. Only problem with that is the rest of us don't get the information.

Complaints about NHS are also considered off-topic and they will be blocked. (Maybe about your own system if you are in another country). Although the forum is theoretically here "for us" there is still someone deciding what we can and cannot say.

Each time a person starts a "new conversation" info given in other posts are not included. To me this creates a bit of confusion. I think several posters here have been part of the mona lisa laser discussion, but Ann maybe you have not been. A few women on this board have had it since it was first mentioned here and have had positive results. If the meds don't work it's good to know there is an option out there that you will have to pay for but will probably end your gynecological miseries.

Good luck. We are all in various stages of AV and have an assortment of problems as a result so you've come to the right place.

• Posted

Hi Beverly- very helpful post -I appreciate it and totally agree with you regarding the way some of the replies are not seen by all. Would be better if this site format was easier to navigate and for all to see. More streamline. It is complicated and I realize now that I was on a dif thread that I lost somewhere back with the Mona Lisa procedure!
    • Posted

National Health Service. I take it you are not in England where i believe this site originates. I'm in the US...maybe you are also. That's why you will often see names of different medications.
    • Posted

Yes I'm in the US too..no wonder I never heard of some of the meds!

I wonder whether Etrace is the same as another one someone mentoned on here..

• Posted

Estrace is an estradiol cream which is "a from of estrogen". My doctor prescribed Premarin which is a conjugated (mixture) estrogen. I have no idea what the difference is. I never filled the prescription because I am very leery of taking hormones at my age. I have been living with VA for years now and it isn't an issue because I'm single. The doctor felt I should use it to prevent problems and since reading this forum I can certainly see what she means. But I don't suffer from UTI's or terrible discomfort, just itching sometimes for which I have used cocnut oil and Vit E. I can't tolerate an exam which is no big deal as far as I'm concerned. One of my sisters has stage 4 breast cancer. She was on HRT for years after a hysterectomy, so I just can't bring myself to use the cream even though the doctor said it's very safe. I plan on going the mona lisa route if I have further problems...if I still have a V left!
    • Posted

Thanks Beverly. I wrote a long reply on here but it's being moderated.

It sounds as though we are in same position on this whole thing and it's great to share these ideas. I am also waiting to start the Estrace cream --and hoping Vit E helps. I'm seeing my doctor in 2 months and will see what she observes then. I just know that once I start the cream -- its ongoing from there which is the big concern I have. Anyway, if my last reply gets approved--I suppose it automactically goes through on here. It was a more extensive reply than this one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.