I need someone to talk to

Posted , 6 users are following.

So, I've tried to get pregnant for 8+ years, finally break down and my bf and I set up a genecolgist appointment (one that treats infertility) and I searched for the absolute best in my area..fast foward I find out that I have Pcos and after all these blood tests and urine samples I was finally put on metformin and I've been taking it for a year and at first it made my periods somewhat normal, but now it's just all over the place again and every visit my genecolgist promises we will start clomid, but he always puts it off and I have felt him getting angry at me for not knowing how or in general tracking my period yes I'm ashamed I have no idea how to track and discuss the lenght, but it's bc I have never had a normal period, he just puts me off for 3 months at a time and other things I don't really think are good, but anyways I go back on June 6th and I've done everything asked of me, I even lost 55lbs bc weight was always brought up...I've just been so sad and absolutely hopeless, for the longest time I blew off everything that went wrong Bc I knew someday I would be blessed with children, but I'm getting older and now I'm so scared it will never happen, and I get extremely depressed and jealous at pregnant women it's like they literally surround themselves around me on purpose even my sister who has 7 kids just had a baby like 6 months ago just announced last week on facebook thay she is pregnant again and doesn't know how it happened err on top of that she doesn't have custody of her older ones, everyone at work is asking me why I havent or when, my mother in law nags me and brags about how she got pregnant the first time trying and that her period is like clockwork and why can't they just do this or that or say nothing is wrong with me bc she doesn't understand, like 6 friends just had a baby and even people younger than me in my family are getting pregnant, no one has to deal with this, but me and I'm so sick of it and now I'm sitting here sick and dizzy off metformin out of the blue, neg pregnancy test, all my ovulation tests are negative, but genecolgist keeps telling me to keep testing even after a year ugh, it's not happening doc!! I want to be a mother so bad that I've had pregnancy symptoms, I've woke up crying after meeting my children in my dreams, I've lost friends bc I can't go to another baby shower, I have hair on my stomach and feet and lips and chin and I just feel like I was born to be a freaking man, I don't know where else to turn, I hope someone can help me figure all this out, I don't feel like a woman, I feel broken

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

MBoggs

Our stories seem identical. My doc just put me on Clomid for this cycle. I have been on Met for awhile now too and doc said if i get to a 35 bmi then she'd give me Clomid and u make 35.3 bmi last week so she gave it to me. I am 32 years old and I have never been pregnant. I tried and tried for many years and nothing. I still have no kids and its seems it will never happen for me. I am hoping thus first round of Clomid is all I need to get pregnant because this is stressful. I truly feel your pain. I have never charted or tested ovulation but doc wants me to do after i take the Clomid. I read these forums all of the time and other people's stories give me hope. Also, think about switching doctors.

• Posted

Yes sounds just like me, I really hope clomid works for you, I love hearing success stories as well they give me hope, I have been thinking about switching doctors because mine seems like he is too busy to keep up with me for example saying he put me on met 6 months ago when I wrote it down and its actually been over a year, I hope this year it happens for the both of us
  • Posted

I understand how you feel. There are many remedies that will work. Try using a supplement called vistex it is made from the chaste berry plant. It will regulate your hormones. Many women have got pregnant using this. Its all about nutrition and exercise. Use inositol ti regulate sugar. Also berberine. Pcos is almost like diabetes so try a diet close to a diabetics. A paleo diet or a keto diet works really well. They both eliminate sugar and encourage natural eating free from hormones and antibiotics often found in many meats Im sure you will have success. And bundle of joy. Just remember to let your body relax as well, stress is never good for us. .
    • Posted

Thanks, I've been on a low sugar low carb diet for over a year now, but I will try some of the other things you've listed
  • Posted

People can be so vile with their attitudes to women without children. They ask like it's their right to know. The worst thing anyone ever said to me was the mother of my godson who said 'I bet you can't wait for us to die so you can have him!' Much as I love their son, I'd rather have a child of my own, thanks. 

Don't forget that stress, even without the PCOS, can have an effect on conception, so it's really important to take time out to do something you enjoy, that's just for you.

• Posted

Yes I agree and that's horrible what they said, people always tell me to just adopt and or offer to carry for me, but I want to experience it all for myself, it just wouldn't be the same any other way.
  • Posted

Look on clinicaltrials gov and see if their are any open studies in your area. for PCOS that;s start and it won't cost you anything. Living with PCOS over 20 years is an uphill battle and it doesn't get aesier each day. I feel like Im not a normal woman becasue I don't have a cycle at all. My hormones are so out of wack it doesn't bother me anymore I just deal with it. I have never been pregnant and I have come to to realization that it may never happen. I'm happy just to be alive.
  • Posted

Hi, i replied previously to uour blog. I was wondering if there was any progress. The product i suggested for you is called vitex. I recently used this natural product myself using 2 pills a day for one month and i instantly got my period. Your story is very touching and i hope you try this product. It cost less than 15$. Let me know know. Thanks
  • Posted

Hi I feel so sad for you I was diagnosed with pcos at 21 had clomid and injections no luck. then natually fell pregnant at 24. and have a daughter now 23. I  put on 5 stone when pregnant which rose over the years to 18 stone. I had gastric bypass aged 44 now 9 stone I remarried aged 30 with more failed fertility treatment. However I dont have pcos since my gastric bypass as it stimulates your hormones. I now ovulate most months especially if i take angus castus . I desperaty want another child even at 48 with  my husband the yearning never goes away. Im going to try clomid as it helps produce heathy eggs. Dont give up as the more severe your pcos symptoms are the easier it is to treat. I never had any real symptoms just didnt ovulate no over weight ( apart from what I gained after having a child) I was 9 stone before child. No facial hair,my doctor said harder to treat as pcos wasnt severe. It does break you but not desroy you, fight on because miraces do happen , and maybe we can  achieve that together xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.