NEWBY About to start Evorel Conti

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Ladies, PLEASE can some one help me .. Long Story short .. Was told I had no oestrogen in my body at all :-( I am 49 having horrible mood swings .. hot flushes Yes My Husband is still ALIVE JUST... Any way Dr has prescribed me the Evorel Conti Patch, Now I am very apprehensive to start this because I WAS 15st in Sept 2015 and to date have susseccfully lost 3st to date with Slimmng World. so what I want to know is will I put weight on ! (GP stated I will more likely enhance my weight loss, is this true ?)and what if any are the side effects. 

Thank You 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I just started with these patches 11 days ago and within 24 hours I started feeling like normal again

i had awful symptoms since I started the menopause a year ago when I was 44. 

now the awful tiredness has gone away and also aches and mood swings. So far all good, I seem to have put on weight recently from the menopause and was always too tired to do much exercise, so hoping HRT will help me lose weight, no bloating so far.

Only side effect for me was a tiny amount of spotting. In the past whenever I took the pill it always made me bloated and sick. So fingers crossed i continue to feel like this

i am on 3.2 mg which is a low dose, 

So positive for me so far

• Posted

Thank you very much for replying, I am struggelng with headache dizziness, seem to be stuck on a total of 3stone loss ... so here's hoping ..The previous GP gave me the wrong patch at first . Fem Seven50 which is for women who have had a full hysterectomy ! Hence. I am now apprehensive but with comments like yours My Husband Thanks you LOL X 
    • Posted

I have these patches but have not tried them yet. How have you got on with them? Like you I have weight issues and don't want to take them if they make you gain weight. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.