Back to square one!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I am back to square one! After a bumpy road last time I have had a month of normal bowels until a week ago! My doctors have gave me picolax to take because we all know how stubborn my Bowel have been in the past. I have been told that I have a condition with my small bowel where the end 5cm have narrowed because the walls have thickened! I have tried all sorts like the FODMAP diet, I have seen health professionals for my eating I have exercised, swam, walked, drank plenty, tried medication. I haven't taken any medication that could cause the constipation. Picolax is my last resort to make this budge. Does anyone else look like they are about to give birth because their stomachs that swollen or suffer with really horrible lower back pain and groin pain when they are constipated? My body is really giving up on me lately

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi amy, sorry to hear of your troubles. what has worked for me is to eat things that i know will move easily. salads with a little protein for lunch and dinner. eating a cup of apple sauce with a cup of prune juice for dessert. a cup of oatmeal with cream of wheat and some fruit for breakfast. keeping it simple and adding some exercise has solved my issues completely. so then what happens is that you feel you can eat whatever you want and about 7 days later you find yourself with your original issue. so my advice is to stick to what works and try not to deviate from it. if i were feeling very badly i might try one of those saline enemas to remove the bloat while on the new diet. however, i have not tried to the enema yet.
    • Posted

I have to eat certain foods because there are a lot of foods that irritate me. I have tried enemas in the past but they have to be ordered to the chemist I tried all local chemists and none had any so I have to wait until Saturday. I have taken first dose of picolax and nothing yet but knowing me it will be during the night. I have a dietician who I see regularly with food plans we have a diary going to monitor all my foods and there is nothing different that I have had recently that could have caused it. Just hoping it passes soon it's becoming very uncomfortable
  • Posted

I have been reading these posts and this is the first I have heard anyone mention about lower back pain.  I have horrible lower back pain that I attribute to my constipaitpn.  It gets so much worse the more constipated I get.  Is this normal?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.