Any ideas what symptoms could be?

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the past 3 months, I've been exhausted.

One month ago my right side glands in neck were up

Pretty big. Gone down a little but slightly lower down on neck I have three lumps all different sizes, one pea size, one 5p size and one the size of £1.

My right tonsil is enlarged slightly with a white line on. And I've been getting a lot of pain on and off on left side of back by ribs.

I presumed I must have tonsillitis. My sister in law is a nurse and thinks it could be something more serious. I have dr appointment in a week.

Any ideas? I Feel like I'll be wasting the Drs time

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Dear Bonnie

Go to doctor!!! Just to be sure! I had this and didn't.

8 mth later I was diagnosed with non Hodkins lymphoma.

I'm sure you have nothing to worry as its early days but 3 months of feeling tired should be checked out.

Lymph nodes swell up when you have throat infection or any other infection so it's most probably nothing. Listen to your sister and go to GP and say you want it thoroughly checked out.

Best wishes.

• Posted

You are certainly not wasting the doctors time. I went to my doctor with a small lump behind my ear. To cut a very long story short I was diagnosed with Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma for which I had a short course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Because I had it diagnosed early I was only stage 1 so have a much better chance of a full recovery. So DO NOT leave it - see a doctor NOW.
    • Posted

Hi Joy,

I was diagnosed wi DLBCL as well, it had migrated to my left hip joint, pubic bone and right iliac crest. and It was stage 4 . 6 months of RCHOP.. Now in clinical remission.. But important to always always speak to doctors.... If nothing else, to get reassurance..

• Posted

Hi Bonnie - this does sound more like tonsillitis or mono, or something else infectious, but your s.i.l. is right to say you should have it checked out regardless. If it's an infection, you'll feel better if it's treated (and tonsillitis in an adult can be more of a big deal than for kids). If it's something else more serious, again, best to find out and deal with it.

Go see your doc! You're not wasting anyone's time, it's why they're there for you smile

• Posted

I don't think you would be wasting your time seeing the doc. You really should have seen the doc earlier.you may be right, it could be infection but it could be more serious. The doc will probably do a swab to see what antibiotic you require.

Are you a smoker?

• Posted

Hi, thank you for your replies. Saw dr this morning, I have more lumps in my neck and under chin that I thought! Dr is booking me in for an X-ray so just waiting to hear when that will be. Xxxx
    • Posted

Whatever the results turn out to be the important thing is that you'll be getting the correct treatment, and that's crucial. So, chin up, all will be well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.