I had been a hard time standing up and sitting down. I can't even lift my legs. What should I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

When I am trying to stand up, I feel pain in my thigh muscle particular near the knees. I am also having a difficulty in going upstairs since I can even lift my foot so I need to hlod on to something and use my arms for support on using the stairs.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This could possibly be related to my condition, McArde Disease. But you don't go give us much information. How old are you? When did this start? Is it all the time or only intermittent? Did you have any previous history of muscle issues? What country do you live it?
    • Posted

I am 25 years old and I am alrady experiencing this condition 3 days from now. This is the first time I have muscle-related health condition. Im from the Philippines. What I am doing now is getting enough leg exercise even though it really hurts and it's improving I guess.
    • Posted

Thanks. With no previous history of muscle issues I doubt that it could be McArdle's, but you might like to check it out. We have a page that leads you through the relevant questions. Go to our web site, Type V McArdle's page, centre column.

https://www.agsd.org.uk/

• Posted

Hi Jeffrey, for 2 months i have had pain around both knees which feels to be in muscles and cartldge. I too had difficulty getting up stairs and had to pull myself up using the bannister. Despite blood tests and x ray i am no nearer finding the cause. My leg muscles are sore to touch.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.