Had lateral release 8 weeks ago, and pain/swelling has returned suddenly

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a lateral release and arthroscopy, and I have been doing my physio. At my 6 wk check up, everything was great but suddenly my crepitus and pain have returned. I do still have a cyst behind my knee. Is this a possible reason for the return of pain? Thanks for any help smile

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi breda,

I had lateral release and Chondroplasty on both knees almost 13 weeks ago and I still have a lot swelling. I probably started to walk a bit normal for a short distance about a week ago but toward the night they get very painful. Apparently it will take 6 months at least to see the sign of improvment and get back to the daily routine. I heard for some take more than that almost a year. Everyone is differnt and my surgeon said I have to be patient. ThanksĀ biggrin

• Posted

Hi! Thanks for the reply.

I'm not very patient, so maybe perseverance with the physio is needed! I hope you are on the road to recovery smile

• Posted

I'm 5 months out from a lateral release on my right knee and still have severe swelling with any activity.  I can't drive for more than 15 minutes, can't walk around the grocery store for more than 15 minutes, etc.  Still in PT sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.