Hi guys. Is there any support from government for lupus patients ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

As i cant work because im feeling very bad and drained because of the medication im taking just wondering probably government is supporting lupus patients

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi it really depends how ill you are as I'm sure your aware that Lupus causes multiple problems. If it's Lupus the skin rash type then I very much doubt it. If it's SLE then it depends on what you have and what other conditions you have with it. Whether you have RA or PsA or Ehlers-Danlos and whether it affects your mobility or your ability to look after yourself. Remember the government wants to cut down on payments so if you are really struggling you can get help but you have to prove this. 
    • Posted

Hi I have tried applying for disability about 4 times the first time I was in a wheelchair and couldn't move and they sent me to see one of their doctors and they denied me because he said I could go back to doing what I knew which at that time I was a stay at home mom and a wife but he was talking about what I use to work in and that was in administration now I couldn't even move my hand to brush my hair or take a show how was it supposed to answer phones and use a computer? I found out 4 monthshows later that I could have applied it so but I had been working out and was doing much better. About 3 yrs later I became really sick again so I applied and they straight out told me that I never worked enough to pay into my ssi so I asked what do I do you all never asked me this before and they asked for my husbands income, well made to much. I tried that 2 more times and the samething. Last year I applied again but I'm divorced so I new this time I would get it and again they said my husband gives me to much alimony which now that I think about its always cash. Hmm. But I had contacted a lawyer and he told me I needed to be denied before he took over which I didn't understand so I haven't called him! Any suggestions?
    • Posted

What your attorney means is that after you are denied you file for a "Reconsideration" of SSA's decision.  That's when they will take over the case.  They normally do not do the original filing.  Sounds like you need a lawyer to help you for sure!  Good luck to you.  Unfortunately if you did not work long enough to qualify for SSDI Idk what they can do.  I'd make an appt and talk to them in person with all your original documents and denials to see if there is any basis or way they can appeal any of your past denials. 
  • Posted

My job closed down lost ins. Government won't help with anything. So I sit and go without medical, and financial help because my kids are grown and on their own. I have SLE / mixed connective tissue disorder. Have a yr to go before social security hearing.!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.