I have been having a stiff/tired neck for over 3 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been having a tired neck for over 3 months now. The only thing I need throughout the day is to rest my neck which is hard to do as I am busy. I feel like it tired, stiff and aches. It also feel hard now compared to before when it was normal. I have done lots of research in regards to this but u can’t find the correct solution. I have even gone to my GP but most of the doctors there are useless, I want to complain to the GP as they don’t take illnesses serious. Some of my family members went to the GP in regards to an illness but what they did was so unprofessional, they laughed at their face and told them to go as there are nothing for them to do. When I researched about their illness online it was a serious illness which needed urgent medical attention.

Coming back to my neck, the stiffness and tiredness is at the back of my neck which does not affect the throat area. I believe it is getting worsen and not better, if you want more detailed explanation please let me know

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have same symptoms. Resting head on couch as I'm typing this.

Also feels like my head is too heavy for my neck.

It started with my neck turning to the side. Torticollis dr says. I am praying it's not.

Drs are really useless.

• Posted

Hi CCinCal, 

Do you know what is the casue of this?

I am 18 years old and I haven't seen any other 18 years old having this problem. 

Hopefully it is not Torticollis, hope you get well soon!

• Posted

Hi all,

I have had a stiff neck for 4 weeks and went to my GP also.  He seems to think it is just a stiff neck.  Mine will be on the left side and then the right and even more in the back.  This has continued for this long and 4 days ago my right shoulder got stiff and I can hardly move it and cannot raise my arm at all.  I went to the doctor once with no help.  I'm trying to live with it but "It is a Pain In the Neck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.