Flecaine 100mg PR

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I have been taking Flecaine 100mg PR for three years, I am prescribed them by a French Cardiologist, I have had no side effects and my arrhythmia has disappeared. I find that I am unable to obtain the the capsules in the UK even though they are made in Leicester.  The French Cardiologist has said that the UK tablets are not really acdceptable. Other than getting them sent from France, has anyone a suggestion.

Thank DB

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi David I'm in the U.K. and have been proscribed it for afib but am afraid to take it 😐

• Posted

My case is almost the same. I've been taking Flecaine PR 200mg for some years, but my cardiologist in France says it should be reduced to 100mg. But 100mg PR capsules, available in France, are NOT available in UK.

My GP says I could take 50mg tablets twice-a-day, but I'm not sure that would be the same and anyway I don't want the bother of twice-a-day dosing.

To ad to the confusion, Flecainide acetate is called Flecaine in France.

What is the best way to get Flecainide PR 100mg in the UK ??

Dave S.

• Posted

i take 100mg twice daily and have good control of intermittent VTs, no side efficts.  While off of them for a three month trial, in usa, VTs returned.  So, back on Flec.100mg.  It was a healthy experiment.  90 days generics not taken during the timely, productive, well meaning experiment, with unhoped for results, lay about resting as small white regular right cylinders at  daveyjane who is on yah oo and on  eb ay. Any ideas from db in GB would be acknowledged as instructive and educational... can't  do or see Patient however. Our both having gone to the same grade school confirms that 2*90 equals 180,  while the remaining matematics is yours.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.