Advice please :)

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello, I am a 33 year old male and in the last 6 months I have been experiencing loose bowel movements every morning, sometimes once or twice or three times, before this I was always hard and regular once a day. On top of that the last 3 months I have had tiny specs of red blood on toilet paper after wiping. I continue to wipe and small streaks of blood appear (after all is clean). I went to the doctor and he seemed slightly concerned and I had a blood test but all came back ok and so no follow up needed. 

im freaking out because of this blood. What do people suggest I do? And should I be worried? Thanks! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'd suggest if your worried I'd go back to the doctor and and explain your anxiety and ask him to explain why he feels that everything is ok. But if the blood is bright red it could be just a slight anal tear, its when the stools are very dark or you see dark red blood  is when its a cause for concern.

• Posted

Now i am sure this will be nothing you are so young ; but my hubby 63 was bleeding everyday for months only when he opened his bowels . Bloods came back all clear but he has stage 4 cancer . So if u r worried go back to doctor insist on scan . My husbans left it for months. But 1yr on tumour out had chemo xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.