Is this contagious or hereditary

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone else have other family members that have this same thing.  I was diagnosed with GA almost 4 years ago.  It is now all over my WHOLE body and now my daughter has it.  Please let me know if others have this issue.  I am so scared that my daughter will have to live with this horrible thing.  She is way too young.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, not heard many say hereditary ? On here in messages, hopefully hers goes away soon, I'm going to try anti histamines for a wee while , see if any difference and foods with histamines, if any one has tried this already let me know? All best Helen
  • Posted

Hi , I have been reading about this but find its rather confusing. Antihistamines make sense to try but would you not want to take antihistamines and also eat foods with antihistamines ...as opposed to histamine ?
    • Posted

I'm not sure if it's hereditary or not either, I have two girls, but neither of them have it. I am on my second month of the ROM therapy treatment and mine has disappeared for the first time in my life.
    • Posted

Robin,

It's a combination of three different pills taken once a month for 3 months. I noticed a difference within Two weeks of taking it. I wish I had known about this year's ago. My dermatologist wrote my prescription for it. It's Rifampicin , Oflaxacin and Minocycline.

I'm amazed and can wear shorts for once without being embarrassed and no side effects ..

• Posted

i am sorry to hear about your daughter. i use apple cider vinegar. it really works.
    • Posted

How are you using the apple cider vineger?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.