Colifoam for VLP

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi

I've got vulval Lichen Planus, I'm using Dermovate but have also been prescribed Colifoam to deal with inflammation going into the vagina.  I'm a bit scared about using it & wondered if anyone else with VLP has used it.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Can I ask what Lichen Planus looks like and how were you diagnosed? I am a male and I think I have this problem but I haven't officially been diagnosed yet.Thanks.
    • Posted

I was diagnosed by my dentist. Up to that point I had no idea I had it, in the mouth it can be painless. A biopsy of my mouth came back that it wasnt LP, but then it was on my vulva and the vulva biopsy came back saying I had LP , so the mouth diagnosis was confimed this way. Google pictures of LP on scalp, mouth, nails, vulva, glans penis and skin if you want to know what it looks like. 
    • Posted

Thank you.I have inflamed white patch on my penis for almost a year.Slight burning sensation.Also,my lips have small white dots on then and my gums are white also.I suspect this is LP or LS.I have been to many doctors and heard many different things.Yeast infection,nothing wrong at all, etc. Thanks for shedding some light.I think I need another biopsy. First one came up negative for anything.So frustrating.

• Posted

it was a warm glow/ almost burn when i used it, but it never felt unbearable. and it felt like it was doing a lot more good than the other stuff i had to take / apply . Hope this helps, let me know if you have other questions smile
    • Posted

Hi Leanne

Do you have LP anywhere else... How old are you.. I have OLP Xx

• Posted

Thanks for your reply.  Guess I will have to give it a go - I've been in quite a lot of pain with this and the Dermatologist thinks it will help, so worth a try!
    • Posted

Carol, if you haven't already, go to the lichen Sclerosus section of this site. The two conditions are similar and treatment is the same. The whole section is confined to lichen of the undercarriage and there is a wealth of knowledge there and very supportive women. 

This section concentrates a lot on OLP and not vulval. 

Good luck 

• Posted

Thanks for the information.  I do look at the LS forum as I was originally diagnosed with LS.  Now, after a second opinion from a dermatologist it's thought to be LP or possibly both.  Was due to have biopsy but that's been postponed due to other health problems.  It's good to hear experiences from other people and how they are coping.

• Posted

It's been diagnosed in my mouth, suspected inside my vagina and my scalp seems to be inflammed but not diagosed with anythign as such. my nails have grey streaks on them which is a symptom, too. I'm 43. Officially I'm in remission, my mouth and vulva have cleared up well, the places where I applied topical things, but those places where the diagnosis was vaguer so they were not treated topically are still feeling imflammed. I am still on methotrexate but weaning off. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.