Argh Asthma flare up again!

Posted , 3 users are following.

The joys! Yet again i have a job to get seen by my GP - Note asthma nurse was not in monday! Unable to see a GP at my protest managed to speak with a GP who knew nothing about my history as he had not read it.

Issued me with Steroids and Antibiotics for a suspected chest infection, based on my symptoms alone - fine have no issues there. start taking the meds Monday night but I am getting little to no relief from them at all.

Booked to see my asthma nurse next Tuesday as she has nothing sooner - again i protested and she squeezed me in!

Why do i have to have such drama when i want to be seen for an asthma flare up - anyone else have this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh all the time, although I can phone my asthma nurse at anytime I need advice but getting a dr appointment I have to know I'm ill in a weeks time 😳 And having a bit of a flare up over the weekend.... Well got no chance to see anyone. hope your better soon 
    • Posted

yes always unhelp receptionists are my downfall and i get annoyed at them for standing in my way for the help i need.

i would have spoken to my asthma nurse but she was off, typical!

thank you.

• Posted

Pleasure, I guess I'm lucky we have 2 asthma nurses although see only the same one but if she is off can call upon the other one 
  • Posted

I am so sorry for all of you. There are no asthma nurses here, I have chronic bronchial asthma for ever. I have my Symbicort and my saltpipe and I can control my useless body. If I get really ill I pop down to the ER and get sorted right away . .  I would be dead long ago if I lived in UK. Good luck to you all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.