Staph Infection inside tip of nose-could this be permanent?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So here we go. For several years I have a reacurring Staph infection inside the tip of my right nostril. It comes and goes a few times a year. It`s very painful, at times it hurts to the top of my skull.

Now what I`m really wondring about if this could be some sort of permanent low level Staph infection I`m suffering from. Why I`m asking is , around 4 years ago this all started and pretty much around the same time  I noticed increased day time tiredness which got really bad over the years. As a matter of factc there is not one day where I don`t feel tired during the day and right after getting up. The first year I had this infection the spot was bellefding at times and I noticed some discharge, at times a fluid sometimes just a dried crust. These days it`s just a painful swelling.

is ther anything doctors can do to find out apart from looking inside the nose and telling me over and over again what I already now.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Was the Infection tested to confirm staph? (Like, 98% of ALL noses contain staph, most everyone is a carrier)

The recurring infection is in the exact same spot over and over, or the tip of the nose in general?

When clearing the dried crust, do you examine it for repetitive features?

• Posted

Same spot every time. i did not though examine the crust for repetitive features.
  • Posted

I have a similar nose problem.  I have always had a week blood vessel in my left nostril.  It might start to bleed at ay time for no reason.  I went to a doctor to have it checked.  He used a chemical cauterization and dabbed the spot about 6 times then gave me perception MUPLROCIN ointment.  I ask him how long it would take to heal.  He replied about 2 weeks but he said, it might not ever heal.  That was over 25 years ago and I am still using the ointment about once a month.  It is just a small scab mot of the time.  This may not help but it might br worth a try.

Also as Diggity just said, get it swabbed and have a culture done.  Staph in the nose is common.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.