My son of 18 and pheumothorax

Posted , 2 users are following.

devistated-we have just came home from the hospital, how confused do we feel, three years ago our son had his major lung operation the following year his other lung split that day another major operation , he felt relieved   Today another sm split ,the wait

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

I'm really sorry to hear this and I do feel your pain.

I've had 4 cases of pneomothorax and 2 major surgeries on both sides as well.

What interventions did your son had done? What do you mean by 'today another sm split'? 

• Posted

Hi, thank you for your reply he had a shower and felt a loss of breath blue ish feet and a numb left arm, called for an ambulance had a scan in hospital , they said his left lung has a small sponteous pneumothorax.we are at home to mend then exrays Thursday and to see respiratory surgeons.our son is very tall and thin its the most heart breaking situation to sit in hearing our son say ,why mum I had the operations, the surgeons said I would be fine . Has anyone else had major surgery on both lungs then had another pneumothorax . It's been so hard for him and family so young, mum I danced all night I remember him saying after his second operation loving life to the fullest stretching the boundaries now I see fear all over again. He talked about wanting a puppy before this recent happening , I feel that would be the best medicine . 
    • Posted

He had 4 pneomothorax's with both his lungs before operations as well using the powder method. He was also looked at by a Melbourne doctor for Marfan syndrome when his first lung was treated, which they didn't feel  it was but we will be bringing that topic up again Thursday when we see surgeon for it was early stages back then and much has happened not alot is known about these areas . Medical and patients we are supporting each other to learn this forum is one of those means: and I am glad I came across it- take care of you ,I  always appreciate a contagious smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.