I need advice am I selfish

Posted , 3 users are following.

5 years ago I had two seizures I had test I'm not epileptic fast forward to now the other day I was sat on the loo all I remember next is being in my local shop like an out of body experience then my partner found me walking up the raid I'd been gone some time the bathroom was in disarray and my head was bruised along with my arms legs and knees also when I was found outside wondering around I was in my pjs no bra shoes or socks I don't want to lose my car licence am I selfish if I don't tell anyone professionally

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lydia

I'm not too sure what to say apart from maybe go to your GP again. I'm in the exact same position as you where nobody takes me seriously.

I would suggest that you stop driving for a while until you get it sorted.

Have an nice evening.

• Posted

Thanks tbh Iv been driving and I'm fine that day In particularly was bad I nearly lost my job and I had no sleep I will of course speak to my gp again but as it stands I have a neurology appointment soon I'm in two minds whether to go but thanks for the advice x
    • Posted

Hello

With work, what I got to do is I went to the GP and got them to write a letter explaining the situation and any requirements. Of course with the seizures, it's important that you don't work alone. Also I would advice that you stop driving.

Really hope you get it sorted.

• Posted

Dear Lydia,

You sound like you had a adnormal function going on inside your brain. Sounds like it was very serious stuff. Going to a doctor about it is wise, medical advice. I know the feeling when you are told it is not epileptic and they say it is NEAD. I'm happy it is not epileptic with me because the meds are terrible to be on. The doctors first put me on a few anti-epileptic drugs, nasty. I deal with my seizure and just get on with my life. What happen to you sounds like it could be very dangerous. Your not selfish at all to not go to see a doctor about what happen. It's your only body, take care of it the best that you can. I'm here for you-Mary

• Posted

Hi thanks for reply I had bloods taking and turns out I am anemic that was the reason for the passing out and confusion still have to have a scan on brain but they have pretty much have ruled out epilepsy thanks for all your advice x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.