I suspect I have cushings

Posted , 3 users are following.

My husband pointed out to me the other day that I had developed a hump at the top of my back just below my neck, I thought nothing of it until I googled it just out of interest. Then it came up as a symptom of cushings and on reading the other symptoms I seem to have most which I have never thought about before. I have gain lots of weight recently, although I eat healthily and regularly exercise, I am tired all the time, I sweat excessively for no reason, I had stretch marks already on my stomach from pregnancy but they are much worse, I bruise easily and my hair seems to be thinning? Do I just go to my GP with this? Anyone have any advice please? X thanks in advance x

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dawn 

Yes i think you may have cushings .. you appear to have some of the symptoms .. i would go to your GP and then go from there.  good luck x

• Posted

yes go to your gp how is your vit D? i went to my gp who was not interested i did a private 8am blood for cortisol and it was really high my vit d was really low , i got referred to a Endo who has carried out more tests x
    • Posted

I have no idea what my vit d levels are. I have an appointment on Friday with my GP, is there a private test I can do in the mean time?
  • Posted

Thank you for replying. I have made an appointment with my GP on Friday. I don't want to be fobbed off so can I insist on a referral? And where do I ask to be referred to? Thanks
    • Posted

hi he might want to do blood before he refers you , it is endocrinology
  • Posted

oh rite .. well from what i can gather its easier to get seen to here in ireland and Uk.  Vey confusing over in USA .Yeah tell GP all your symptoms and try and remember when they started .. when i looked back i could figure out when different symptons came .. they wouldnt have come all at once but gradually over time .. thats why its so hard to diagnose .. anyway your doc should refer you to an endocrinologist and they will organise tests for you and go from there.
    • Posted

Thanks, should I insist on being referred to the endocrinologist straight away or should I let my GP send away blood tests etc? I am normally fit and healthy so rarely visit the GP . Thanks
  • Posted

yeah your GP should do blood tests to see how much cortisol is in your blood and then go from the results of that
  • Posted

Just back from my GP appointment (not with my usual GP) feeling completely as if she wasn't interested! Had to ask for blood tests and what I specifically wanted testing for as she was just going to test for Thyroid. Am booked in for bloods on Thursday next week.

• Posted

She also said that the symptoms I am experiencing could be due to depression?? I have been on antidepressants for a while now but seriously???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.