cervical stenosis what are your symptoms?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been diagnosed with cervical stenosis and osteoarthritis I have burning sensation down my spine whenever I lift my arms and use them I have pain that radiates into my shoulders and my arms I also have left sided weakness accompanied with lower back pain. My hip down into butt my calf to the outter side of my ankle have pain my foot and toes go numb. But here's the thing doctors have ran me through the ringer with test the cannot find damaged or pinched nerve so I'm still trying to get diagnosed on what can be causing these symptoms does anyone else have nerve problem systems with out having any sign of nerve problems?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Could be spondoloses that's really wear and tear but very painful the pain down arms and legs comes from the neck and lumber area I have this in neck a d lumber it took over 20 years to get diagnosised, when they do finally find it there is an op that sometimes is offered. I don't know the success rate now days but it was not so good when it was mentioned to me and I was advised to live with it if I could, pain killers take the top off and make it an unwelcome guest in my life , but you do get used to it in time

• Posted

My symptoms were extreme. I went from the tips of my fingers being numb and tingling, to being unbalanced and then walking with a cane. Extreme fatigue. Let me define that a bit more. I would come home from work, sleep 8 to 12 hours, get up feeling good, get ready for work and be exhausted by the time I left the house.

My three level fusion, C3 to C5, helped many of the symptoms. But I still have tingling and burning sensations as well as a drop foot and spasms. Today, I am in a much better place than where I was before the surgery.

I hope that you find relief in your journey.

• Posted

Hi--I am wondering how long was your recovery and do you recommend your surgeon?
    • Posted

My recovery was rather quick. In 8 weeks, I was back to work full time. I would recommend my neurosurgeon. My GP referred me to her and due to the emergency of the situation, it was a quick process. Essentially, my surgeon told me that if I had walked essentially another mile as I was, I would have been a paralyzed.
  • Posted

Hello,

In January of this year I began having excruciating pain from head to lower spine, but worst in the neck.  I was battling Lyme disease and Sjogrens and I thought it was related to autoimmunity.  I had tingling and numbness in arms and finally after 2 weeks or so of either being in bed or a hot tub I lost ability to use arms about 80%. My arms came back after a few days.  I had an MRI done that said "severe cervical stenosis"  since that time symptoms have come and gone and now they are bad again. I've had a lot of Physical Therapy which helps momentarily but then the pain comes back.  I have cracking noises when I turn my head and burning sensation in upper spine.  My parents are 85 with no problems and it's hard for me to believe this is arthritis.  The first spine surgeon I went to a consultation with was useless so I am seeing a new one this week. Maybe we can update each other.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.