What do you take that works for anxiety?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I take a number of different homepathics: Argentum Nitricum, Ignatia Amara, Kali Phos... plus I have some liquid KavaKava extract...

Anxiety extra bad this week...sometimes almost tempted to ask for 'regular Rx meds' but do NOT want to do that... I have taken them and quit them all after a few weeks. Last couple of days I've found that Valerian seems to work pretty well... I take the vitamin, etc, different supplement, too...

I see a great therapist once a wk and that IS helping me a lot... Thank you for any responses you might have in what you take that works well for you. I appreciate it.

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I take Valerian to sleep well. Passion Flower is a lovely, gentle, calming herb, and Vervain is a good adaptogen, so balancing for the moods; it can be used when people are withdrawing from drugs so that shows how effective it is.
    • Posted

Wow! I appreciate the tips... I've never tried Vervain as it is not commonly listed on Google sites, so I really appreciate knowing this! Also, I've used combo herbs that have Passion Flower in them... but not separately. Thank you again.

• Posted

Try to get outdoors, especially into a natural setting.  It depends where you live, both "forest bathing" as the Japanese are nowadays fond of doing, and walking along a beach, can be very soothing.  Even sitting quietly in a garden or a nice public park can be helpful.  Fresh air and natural light, and the ambiance provided by other living beings, especially trees, and gentle exercise, like walking, can really reduce anxiety.

• Posted

Thank you, Anhaga...and yes, I know you are right... I live in the 'middle' of a big city (Denver) and yet there is a park I could walk to... plus, sometimes I'll walk along the side walks and just purposely walk on the grass/ground just to get in real touch with Mother Earth...and I need to do this on a regular basis. Thank you for the encouragement! smile

• Posted

I hope you feel better soon.  I have my dark moments too, but when I remember I am so very grateful for life on this beautiful planet.  💕💐
  • Posted

Fresh air, good diet, exercise and meditation....
  • Posted

Hi, I love walking along the beach and just looking at the sea. When I can I visit a butterfly farm and just looking at the wonderful colours and the gentleness of these creatures, calms me.
  • Posted

hey, watch commedy shows or movies, that worked for me. 
    • Posted

I do that in the evenings, but sometimes one has to contend with the anxiety all day long... and I always watch comedies.. I have NO desire to watch murder and mayhem! smile Thanks, islam...

• Posted

Someone gave me something called a worry stone.   It is a little flat stone with a thumb depression on one side which you can fiddle with when you are feeling nervous or anxious.  It would probably work better for a man as they usually have pockets, but maybe you can find something like that.  A sort of comfort object.
    • Posted

Yes to laughter! It's fantastic! And very healing.

• Posted

Please get tested for pyruloria, it is also known as kryptopyrolle disease in the UK. It is quite possibly the cause of your anxiety. If you test positive it is a very easy fix, although you must supplement life long.  Very few psychiatrists or mental health proffessionals know about it, but I've seen dozens of people turn into better less anxious versions of themselves by treating it.  The treatment is activated b6 and zinc in varying doses according to the individual.   I often mention the word pyruloria to anxious people I meet and leave it with them. Later these people will contact me and  profusely thank me for mentioning a word they've never heard of, for which they then researched, supplemented and changed their lives. They are astounded that a chance conversation with a stranger led to more relief from anxiety than any doctor visit or medication they ever took.   Research and see if it's the answer you've been looking for. 

• Posted

Thank you, Rebecca... I appreciate your reply... My anxiety/depression started 2 years ago due to PTSD...and it opened up a huge can of worms, so to speak... I did some research on this, and it doesn't look like this is my problem... I think it is WONDERFUL that you found out about this, however, and how its helped you and how you have helped others. Good for you! smile

• Posted

Suntheanine L theanine
    • Posted

oh good!! some real homeopathic, supplement suggestions... May I please ask you how much you take per day?

I now am starting to take Suntheanine 100mg ... I take one with one St John's Wort in the AM... And do you take it at a certain time of day? I would really appreciate hearing back from you... Do you take anything else, too? (sorry, full of questions! smile ) THANK YOU.

• Posted

Bcomplex with c in it and ubiqinol after breakfast. In the evening suntheanine l theanine low dose is fine this is what works on you. Right before bed magnessium glycinate by oure encapsulates its a blue and white bottle. Anything i use i check on cinsumer lab reports cost be a bit to join but they say if they are what they claim to be in the product. Try and get in salmon twice a week and add avacasoes and bananas to your diet as a mainstay. If you can and like nuts cashews and walnuts are great as well. If you juice, and its a good idea..ginger one inch with celery and one green apple to make 8-10 onces of juice and drink it down in the morning. The nutriients absorb fasterr this way and are healthy..use organic grown stuff. Lastly sublingual b12 (i get a shot minthly but i need that) ake at lunch it goes under your tongue and melts.
    • Posted

avacadoes* i have also just started an anti flammation diet. You can look on pinterest for that guidance. Inflammation is being prooven to play a role in depression and anxiety and that makes sense. Our foods have been so altered and so much junk has been added to it and the soils are depleted because they dont follow the old school rules of allowing soil to rest for a few years. So thats what i do. Has it helped. I think so. I will say yes. It cant hurt
    • Posted

I like the sound of your ginger, celery and green apple drink; I'll have to remember that one! razz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.