Headache deliverance?

Posted , 2 users are following.

HI,

I've been back in work a week but towards the end of it I started waking up with mild headaches which tended to get worse in pm. Paracetamol mostly gets rid of them but I get wobblycsometimez and find pressure buildingvinside my head. Today I've had to spend most of the day lying down. Anyone else had thus after recovering from low pressure headaches following a Lumbar puncture?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You've just described the same exact thing I experience about a week after my LP as well, headaches worse at night and the pressure build up in the head and all. So yes it is common I believe, I had my LP on the 14th and I'm still getting a bit of pounding pressure in the back of my head when I get up and walk around. You're not alone my friend.

• Posted

Thanks DB. Are you back in work? Has Dr prescribed anything or commented on course of action?
    • Posted

I've been dealing with hospital docs for a while and they wanted to give me some sort of muscle relaxant shot, I declined. My primary care doc wants me to take a sleep study to rule out sleep apnea as the cause of the headaches, however I did not have these pressure headaches prior to the LP, so I'm 100% certain the LP is causing them. As for meds my neuro gave me Gabapentin, doesn't work or help. I take Tylenol once in a while if need be.

• Posted

Oh and yes, I am back in work smile

• Posted

My GP wasn't really much help...I had to really push. He 's given me something for migrane but the side effects are potentially so bad that I'm not going to take them. Triptan. I was going to go into work but i have got the feeling of high pressure going on in my head again so have taken paracetamol and may lie down...although that doesn't tend to stop it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.