Again..pneumothorax Vats pluerodesis and bullectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Lets start at beginning

Oct 2015 day after left shoulder surgery and bicep tendonesis.. Ended up in ER with a small SP pneumothorax on right lung was sent home few hrs later saying it would heal on its own and ti best if my knowledge it did.

Feb 2016 2 weeks after driving to Colorado for a week ay 10,500 elevation end uo in ER with a full collapse of right lung ahain SP pneumothorax.. Chest tube was inserted wrongly unknown to me spent 4 days with a tube in chest that was miving around and allowing air in and out of chest cavity when lung doc thought it was time to remove that tube she discovered and to my horror it was done wrong and would have to reinsert another tube after removal so here we go removed tube number 1 and inserted tube number 2 after spending another 4 days in hospital it was removed and i was sent home.. Ever since that discharge in feb 2016 ive had a constsnt chest pain lome someone was putting weight on my chest and occasionally sharp stabbing feeling..continued to see a lung doctor for symptoms and was told i am A symptomatic and would just have to live with the symptoms..

June 2016 suffered over a 50 percent SP pneumothorax of right lung.. This time first chest tube was done correctly and it was decided that we would do vats pleurodesis and also a bullectomy (removing of blebs) all went well btw they give u a different chest tube after said surgery in a different location just FYI. Today i had that chest tube removed and am anticipating discharge. Should the surgery fully succeed i will be more then pleased not to have anymore right lung collapses. However I will have to be concerned for left lung after a chest CT scan both lungs were said to have blebs nothing excessive and rather small ones. Not looking foward to worrying sbout left lung from now on..

FWIW Im a white male 6ft 160 lbs 33 yrs old..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Update to my situation..I was discharged with a small pneumo and here it is weeks later and I still have that small pneumo on the side i had the surgery it just will not go away or continues to come back my lung doc isnt concerned didnt even order a xray but its there and causing me pain the tard.. Also having general pain in chest and other areas around thoracic cavity in relation to the surgery pleuraldesis and bullectomy
    • Posted

I also had that treatment. Stayed at the hospital for 12 days. Air bubbles coming out from the ling chamber went out on the 10th day. I was given pleurodesis and it was so painful right after few minutes. Doctor says it is used to prvent recurrence. I really dont want that experience at all. Mine was spontaneous pneumothorax, they couldn't find what caused it. But accrdng to the threads ive red here, dehydration or lack of water intake and lack of sleep plays a major role. I pray to the Lord Jesus, not to have that pneumothorax again. Because prayer helped me alot. I was in the hospital for 12 days.

• Posted

Ya mine was my 3rd SP in a short time they finally did the pleuraldeais and bullectomy to prevent em 4 days after surgery i was discharged 3 days after discharge pain was so bad i was back in ER after 5 hrs there they finally gave me an anti-inflammatory which knocked down 70 percent of the pain allowing meds i was discharged with to do their job.. Here lately those meds work fine i juat have this chronic pain that i persistently feel dispite meds
    • Posted

Yes, It was really painful. It lasted by about 4 days after pleurodesis. It was like my back muscle twisting nonstop. Hopefully by that treatment, no recurrence should occur by God's grace.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.