Palmo-Pustular Psoriasis NOT Pompholyx Eczema

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi.

Has anyone else thought they'vehad Pompholyx but then it turns out to be Palmo-Pustular Psoriasis?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes, it's very difficult sometimes to make the correct diagnosis. However in my experience, the precise clinical definition is not always key to successful treatment. Not less important is the individually tailored attention to your specific patterns. This, regrettably, is more often found outside conventional medicine. Finding the right person to assist you is key.

• Posted

Hi Ronsha.

Thank you for your reply. I am now regretting not taking pictures of my foot and hands now through the process so could show the Dermatologist next week so they could see it at it's worse and advise correctly sad.

• Posted

Hi Mazria

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I hope you are better by now. If your condition presists, please write, as I feel I am getting more exprience on my side about palms and soles. Do you have any other side effects besides the PPP?

• Posted

Hi. How do you tell? I've had a patch of what I thought was pompholyx on the side of my middle finger. Lasted less than 48 hours.

It would be really useful to be able to tell exactly what it is as there's a chance I have psoriatic arthritis but have no psoriasis to show for it. If it's psoriasis I have more chance of getting the right treatment for my joint problems.

• Posted

Hi LeicesterSar.

I think it can be difficult to tell the difference sometimes between these conditions. Now, having seen a Dermatologist a couple of days ago, he now tells me its Chronic Eczema - so who knows! Can't imagine if it was pomholyx it would have gone within 48 hours but i'm no expert!

• Posted

Well, the scaly dry bit has hung around but the blisters seemed to go quickly. With some encouragement, I admit. I've read a bit (fatal, I know) and it seems that the side of the fingers is classic for pompholyx.

I also read that pompholyx is often seen in rheumatoid arthritis so there could be some connection with joint issues yet. 

Who knows....

• Posted

Hi LeicesterSar.

Interesting what you say about Pompholx often seem in rheumatoid arthritis, is this why a couple of my finger joints are blistered??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.