Cannot use any of the preps

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi to everyone, I am new here. Due to a condition with long Lupus, I can only drink small amounts if fluids at a time. There I cannot tolerate any of the preps for a colonoscopy! I am so worried, as mine is due again. I got so deathly sick the last time I tried to drink the fluids.. SO. Any idea

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You need to discuss that with them I think. Maybe they can do something intravenously.
  • Posted

Perhaps you could use the services of a colonic cleansing technician? You may not be rquired to drink large volumes, if you go that route.
  • Posted

hi im sure that there is something else they can give you instead they must cater for many people in your position talk to your gp about it good luck
  • Posted

Can you start the prep earlier in the day.  So you can drink like a cup every hour.  Would that help?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.