nasal problem.thick grey mucous which switches nostrils.

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi everyone.my trouble is thick grey mucous in nose.troubles me all day.had it month and starts one nostril.then blow my nose and grey/green stuff exits.then starts in next nostril.same procedure. carries on till midnight then 2nd nostril empties.sleep now a joke.water by bed to drink,throat dry cos can't breathe through mouth.same eating.nightmare.walking getting harder.rheumatoid sufferer,on gold injections and tramadol.sound familiar to anyone else? would love to hear.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Buy some NeilMed Sinus Rinse from your pharmacy - you'll be amazed at the results.

I had similar problem and posted on this site - everyone recommended it so I decided to try it - and it works!

Good luck from Tess

• Posted

hi Tess.many thanks for that.ill give it a go.must admit never heard of it and thought sinus rinses were things only given at hospitals.thanks again.ivan.
    • Posted

No, it's really easy to use. You can use it three times a day according to the instructions. I use it once a day unless I need it again later. It's just a little bottle which you fill u with water which has been boiled and cooled down, but is still warm - then you add a sachet of the stuff (sea salt and sodium bicarb) give it a shake, then lean over the bathroom sink, having blown your nose first, and stick the nozzle into one nostril. The fluid drains out through the other nostril. Swap over to the other nostril when you've used half the solution and do the same. Then blow your nose again. You sometimes get a tiny amount driping out a minute or two later, so have a tissue ready. I'm only telling you this because the instructions are written in such tiny writing that I had to buy a magnifying glass to read them - but then I'm nearly sixty and don't read small print as well as I used to. It's also confusing because the instrustion booklet if jumbled up with other products made by the same comany. Having said all that, it works brilliantly. After a few days you'll notice a difference. I got mine on Amazon, where it's slightly cheaper than in the chemist's, but only by a pound or so. It's about £13.00 for the bottle and sixty pouches of the salty stuff. You can buy the pouches on their own once you've got the starter kit. I'd never heard of it either!   Best wishes from Tess.

• Posted

thanks again Tess. think I can cope with £13.ive nowt lose and was getting worried by what was coming down.thought it my brains a few times.joking.was wondering if medication aggregating it.cheers.thanks again.ivan.

• Posted

If your brains DO come out you can always sue them. Assuming you still have the mental capacity to do so ROFL

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.