How to fix swollen testicle caused by scar tissue?

Posted , 3 users are following.

After getting the hydrocele on my right testicle removed, the teste was back to its normal size for a short while, but later became much larger. Around three times its usual size, and according to my urologist, this was caused by scar tissue. Even though it's so large and is causing me discomfort, my urologist keeps insisting that it's fine. Since my urologist refuses to help me, and there are no other urologists neartby, I came here. It's been swollen like this for several months, and shows no sign of returning to its normal size. Is there anything that can be done to return it to its original size?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

SAME EXACT thing happened to me I'm 1 and a half years past my last procedure and my testicle is still the size of an egg. I got a second opinion and like what your doctor told you mine told me it was from scar tissue and that nothing could be done because if they tried removing the scar tissue the testicle may get damaged and new scar tissue would just form and in would be right back where I started. My actual testicle feels much larger though and you can actually see the scar tissue surrounding half the testicle through the scrotum the testicle itself feels much heavier as well and hangs low when the scrotum is relaxed.

• Posted

I have some scar tissue also - 10 weeks post op - surgeon seemed surprised by it during the week. However, it's better than before the op - not prefect - surgeon said he expects it to get smaller over the coming months and to actually massage the are where the scar tissue is to help it go down. I'll see what happens. Best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.