Jojoba oil is the best moisturiser I've tried

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a very sensetive and dry skin and my skin is all the time flushing and burning.

I've tried many many different moisturiser and I've been allergic to all of them. but recently I am using the 100% natural Jojoba oil as a moisturiser and I absolutely love it.

Hope it helps those suffering rosacea.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue, just saw your post, really interesting as me too...only found out i have Roseacea back in summer, and would love to get on top of things etc. What make of this oil dud you get and where from, if you could let me know please.

Kind regards wendy xxx

• Posted

Hi Wendy and Sue,

I have just joined this group and seen your post.

Having just completed a year long diploma in natural skincare and having Rosacea myself, I have researched some really interesting articles on oils suitable for Rosacea.

It seems that most Rosacea skin sebum is way too low in a natural fatty acid that is in normal sebum, called Eicosenic Acid. Of all the many natural plant oils available, Jojoba has one of the highest percentages of Eicosenic Acid at around 68% of its content. So it should correct this imbalance.

The other thing that Jojoba does is create a fine waxy film over the skin that is very like the skins own healthy natural sebum. This would offer some protection to the very delicate thin skin of Rosacea condition.

Very interesting that you have found it so useful.

You can buy 100ml size from quite a few of the natural oil suppliers on line (Aromantic, Gracefruit, Akoma, Oshadhi, Florihana etc) If you have Rosacea, then I would buy UNREFINED and ORGANIC if possible to ensure that there are no pesticides in it and that the healing properties have not been destroyed by heat and chemical refining. It should be a very strong golden yellow colour and will harden if put in the fridge if its a good one.

I am trying out a few other oils and blends on my own skin following all my research and will post findings if good.

Hope that helps!

• Posted

Hello!

Yes, I also use jojoba oil it's very good face moisturizer and also useful for hairs.but if you use it in a soap make sure it takes only 10% of all the ingredients.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.