New to xenical how do u keep energy levels up

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey will be starting xenical tomorrow have been on duromine for last 5 months wanting to try xenical but worried I won't have any energy to go gym etc as with duromine I'm on a constant high and love it but it's only supposed to be taken for 3 months sad

Has anyone experienced low energy from xenical from lack of fat to produce energy?

Any info be great as I haven't done much research yet on this .

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

My GP told me to buy multivitamins because the xenical drains your energy (because fat makes energy). So I drink a multivit in the morning and before I go to bed I drink Magnesium, otherwise I get random pains and cramps. I hope this helps!
  • Posted

Lots of cups of tea ??!! Lol. It really can be draining some days! But it should be worth it in the long run. I personally dont take any multi bits as I don't think they properly absorb in to your body.

I think I have been on them 6 weeks lost a stone!

• Posted

Thankyou do you remember the first couple of days? I was expecting to have lots of bowel movements after taking with fatty meals but so far I haven't had any is this normal

• Posted

I had been on it for the first time over a year ago but fell pregnant with in the first three months so came off it. So I already had a good idea of what sort of diet I should be looking at, as first time round have a few oilly incidents in the first week. Check how much fat ur having pr meal as I its under 15grams then you shouldn't experience of those types of accidents! I have read it can make people constipated so really depends on ur body.. This time round I had a lot more tummy cramps and feeling sick but that wore off after the second week... How have you been getting on with them?

• Posted

Oh ok yea I don't eat much fat to start with so maybe that's why I haven't had any bowel problems yet rolleyes yea must admit a bit constipated might try some laxatives or softeners to help smile it's only my second day on it so far so never no it may happen hahha, really hoping this will help boost my weight loss again I read some ppl said that the ingredients in the orilstat isn't the same as it used to be do you no if that's true?

• Posted

Hi Sarah, I've been on it 3 wks & not experienced any more energy loss than before. No bowel problems either. My loss seems very small compared to many on here, but I intend to see it through. 

• Posted

Hey how little loss did you have? I haven't weighed myself yet but I started at 80kg two days ago so will keep an eye on it fingers crossed I guess

Have you tired duromine( Australia) or phentermine ? I was on that first and lost 16kilos in 2 months it was amazing pretty much lost 10kg in first 3 weeks however has drastic side effects which can be really terrible but

I wanted to loose weight that badly

That I managed it smile

• Posted

Hi Sarah I was 101 kg at start, and reckon on my scales I have lost possibly 2kg, which yes is better than nothing, but not what I expected. I'm back at GP next Friday when it will be 4 wks. I'm happy to lose fairly slowly, but that seems very slowly. I have stuck rigidly, because of fear of bowel problems. I have started walking 4-5 days a week. 

Previously I've only done weightwatchers, originally starting over 30 years ago. But in recent years I've hated it & can't do it anymore! I'm 60 years old and active, but weight loss is much harder than it used to be.

how are you getting on with what you are eating? 

• Posted

Hi Sarah, I did reply to you 24 hrs ago, but for some inexplicable reason the comment has gone to be moderated- so you may receive it soon. If not I will repost.
    • Posted

It's so strange that the comment is not being published

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.