6 yrs nephrotic syndrome future consequences

Posted , 4 users are following.

my child aged 6 yrs 10 months diognised with NS recently and he is on 40 mg predsilone daily. Is there any parent or any one who can help me out find out the ways to avoid replapse second time in his life. What all measures we can take in case of my child. Also what are the consequences in terms of mental growth and physical growth if in case the steroids are consumed as maintanance for 4 to 5 yrs. can any one let me know on his future life as i m very much worried in my kids heqlth. Help needed or any information needed. Is there any one .

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, do you have Facebook? There is a neprotic syndrome group. They are very friendly and helpful. I have neprotic syndrome and I've found it very useful x

• Posted

Hey, if you type in neprotic gang into the search bar at the top and join the group x
  • Posted

Dear ( Mother of NS child) ,

I've had Nephrotic Syndrome my whole life. I'm 68 and still alive and active. i've been on steroids for more than two years. At the moment my steroids have been reduced to nil. I don't know how long this will last. I too have had one previous relapse. No one knows what causes this condition.

Please be very careful about herbal and health food cures, there are many awful people who will sell you substances that at best may do nothing or may make your child very ill. For me: I suspect a simple diet is best, get your child to live as normal a life as possible. No stress, don't live life as an invalid (desiderata) is a good policy. My G.P. tells me that most child patients grow out of this condition after medical care. In my case I never got the medical care !

Thinking of you . Regards and best wishes . E

• Posted

Hey I've had neprotic syndrome for 5 years I was told I was stage 3 and then needed dialysis. Coming up to the fith year they took me off my tablets and told me I grew out of it I am 18 now, still have to be catious with water and salt

• Posted

thanku so much Eric. i m putting my kid on simple diet. just one more query. wat happens if he catches any infections like motions or loose stools during course of steroid treatment?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.