I want to stop taking Duloxetine

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have been taking 30mg of Duloxetinei for 40 days, and I want to stop.  Is there a chance that I could do it cold turkey?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Judy

If you just went cold turkey, I'm sure you've still been taking it long enough to have some kind of withdrawal effect. I have weaned myself of this drug before by taking one every second day for one week then one every third day for the second week. Then stop.

Was it not agreeing with you, if you don't mind me asking.

Regards

Garry

• Posted

During the 40 days I have been taking Duloxetinei the side effects were the same as the withdrawals have been for people trying to discontinue the drug.  I continued to take it because it did stop the pain that it was prescribed to stop. However, I have decided to stop taking the medication because it it too powerful for me.

Thank you for your reply.  Every other day sounds like it might work for me. biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.