3 abnormal ECGs

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all well about 4 weeks ago while having an attack of diverticulitis I experienced chest pain that went into my left arm felt very sick and couldnt breath properly this lasted around 15-20 mins one I sat down it went away Im 41 year old female, well I didnt go to thedocs till a week later he done a ecg and it had nospecific T wave abnormaltys I got an appointment fo the rapid andina clinic the next week had 2 more ecgs done first one was the same t wave abnormalitys the second came back saying T wave abnormalitys consider inferolateral ischemia and prolonged QTs im having a ct scan on monday then a 24 hour heart monitor then I have an echo on the 20th th doc gavhavee me gtn spay I have used Iit about 4 times my heart just feels funny dont know Iif Iits because Iim worried does anyone one know what the abnormalitys mean on the letter to mt doc Iit says (there Iis however T wave inversions across the anterior chest leads given the history of chest painit is also consistent with ACS further evaluation (eg in RACPC) is appropriate I have no idea what this all means and im quite worryed I have been having very bad pains in both my legs the bocthinks its a slipped disc but it started when I had the chest pains and also been very bloated sometimes I feel like my airways are closing up and I get veryshort of breath just going up a flight of stairs i get alot of pain inbetween shoulder blades also have a benign tumour in my gallbladder cald adenomyoma waiting to see if there going to tack it out or not

Sorry for the long post

Thank you xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

First of all stop worrying yourself to death over it. It wont improve matters.

They the medics have to take their time to figure out exactly what  the problem is and beklieve me this isnt easy. They may send you to the john Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford for further tes ts and bekieve me they are great there. I had to go there and they sorted me out  with Excellent results.   I was diagnosed as having Angina so thirty plus years ago. No real problems and uner medication I was fine for 30 plus years.  Then I had a reaction to the medication and eventually they sent me to Oxford for in depth tests .  The resuk#lts were fantastic.... I now am told thet the original diag nosis was wrong and that I dont in fact have angina.  They did point out that years ago they didnt know as much  as they do today.  So now I dont need anymedication and am living a good life. Apart from being 30 plus years older.  Believe me worrying isnt going to help in fact it will probably make you worse. BUT ask them to explain things in non medcal  language for your benefit so that you know whats going on.  

Best wishes

Dave Collins

• Posted

Thank you Dave its really hard not to worrie tho my dad had a heart attack in his 40s he has angina and copd stents ect my mam had about 6 small heart attacks before she went she had stents ect too xx
    • Posted

Sorry forgot Nana also had angina xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.